Touge Forced Induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touge Forced Induction

Touge is the "ORIGINATOR" of drfting. so when a NA engine has mets its limitation. Force induction is needed to slap more horseys *Censored**Censored**Censored* into your engine. But the mountain passed that are filled with corners and straightaways needs the driver/tuner to emphasize on how to set up the car to give its best run. When considering force induction to a car that run on the mountains, your given 2 choices, a supercharger or turbo. Not counting the NO2 bottle cause it's meant to be used on the straightaways, not the corners.

To me, a supercharger would be spanking a turbo engine anyday of the week when it comes to the touge, cause: A.) Your getting that much needed hp with a supercharger as soon your foot touches the gas pedal. Unlike a turbo setup, the full unleashed of hp given from this system if you use it is that you have to wait for the turbo to spool completely after the engine hits a certain rpm which can be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* if you have to keep on braking and constantly revving up the engine to get back this hp which leads me to unlike superchargers when your getting it on the spot. B.) No lagging with a supercharger when slowing down. Turbos are notourious with turbo lag which will slow the car down. Even when the lag is not that much, every second counts in a heated battle and when you need all systems ready to go, the light is shining on you. C.) Superchargers aren't prone to give an engine any trouble. There simple to setup and quite frankly cheaper, though turbochargers are more powerful compare to a supercharger. Even with the same PSI of both systems, you will get a few more hp from turbo than a supercharger. On top of that, turbo doesn't run off the car's power, just the exhaust gases which spools the turbo for that needed power. Superchargers run off the engine with the belts and one thing about superchargers is that they do take away torque from the engine which losing something which you had before sucks to hear.

Personally, I like turbos just because the way they are setup is quite facisnating plus you gotta love the BOV sound. In the end, superchargers will owned the touge and turbochargers will owned the wangan when it all comes down to it. I wouldn't say this is my first post before on this website cause I used to run another name, "Godigy" but I just want to start over cause right now, I feel like my knowledge of just cars and driving in general is starting to kick in and I feel very smart than I did when I started getting into imports and drifting back in 03'. So feel free to leave a post cause I want to hear what YOU say.

DRIFT ON!

Interesting...

but, a twin-turbo; with one smaller turbo that boosts up almost instantly, and then a larger turbo that would kick in later, but with more power; would kick a supercharger's butt. Granted a supercharger would cost more than 2 turbo's, and has less things to brake.
    I am a supercharger guy myself however, in fact the first high-performace mod on my Miata will be a super, simply because, like you said, they kick in instantly.

I still dont see the motive behind you writing this however...

Comment

If you put on a turbo of the size where it takes that much time to spool up you dont know much about turbochargers. Choosing a turbo with a tight compressor housing will spool up much quicker with the cost of a few psi that you wouldnt need anyway. But with choosing the right setup a turbo can be much much faster. Compare the Mitsubishi super 16G against lets say a GTP supercharger. The 16G takes about the same time to spool up and can pump out ALOT more psi. If you know how to set up the numbers a turbo can be MUCH quicker then a supercharger when it comes to spool up.. and yes, it still does take a few tenths of a second for a supercharger to compress the air so its not totally instant.

Comment

Only motive I've got for this topic is just to type down this theory or my thoughts about force induction and how they are used in the touge. It's been in my head for a while and I just want to hear what other people say bout it. True that twin turbo would spool fast on that point but you'll still get that lag but hey thats why you got that secondary turbo to spool for his big brother. But twin turbos do put weight on the car which is a factor when tuning a car. The Mitsubishi Super 16ag turbo does sound like a good idea but what cars would benefit this turbo to their engine? Still, sounds like good plan if you know what your doing.

Comment

Do you even own a car. What REAL world experiance do you have with ANY of this. You got into drifting "back in '03", well I'm sorry to say, that wasn't very long ago. Not trying to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* but it seems you have no clue what in the hell your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by O5m0515
            Do you even own a car. What REAL world experiance do you have with ANY of this. You got into drifting "back in '03", well I'm sorry to say, that wasn't very long ago. Not trying to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* but it seems you have no clue what in the hell your talking about.
            Owned a fc mazda rx7 and now in a process to purchase an NB miata. Sorry to break to you if I'm not in the scene that long for you but that doesn't mean I don't know jack shiot. If you don't have any suggestion for this topic other than ridicule of me, I suggest you go else where. I have experience, I don't race cars for a living, but I don't believe you do also. END

Comment

Do you even own a car. What REAL world experiance do you have with ANY of this<<<<<<<<<< I dont have a car right now, so what.
              I still have 4 years of racing experiance and ive done some work on setting up my old gsx when i had it. I dont see why you find ANY reason to flame him cause its an honest post. He wants to hear what peoples thoughts are about turbo vs. supercharger on touge. The best way to learn is from hands on experiance and just asking questions.

Comment

Not to mention once turbo's spool up they're always at full boost. Superchargers are spooling through the entire RPM range and technically, never reach full boost.

B-Wurm

Comment

Originally posted by Buddyworm
                  Not to mention once turbo's spool up they're always at full boost. Superchargers are spooling through the entire RPM range and technically, never reach full boost.

B-Wurm
                  Great answer.

And also think about gas consumtion between supercharger and turbo charger

Comment

wow ahah were to start. you dont need forced induction for anything honestly ahah. it just creates more problems. touges wack, driftings wack, im wack, your wack. were all wack.just drive guys

Comment

Working...
                    X