I drifted an rx8 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drifted an rx8 today

Ok i went to go apply for a job today at a mazda dealership, and being the funny guy that i am jokingly asked if i could test drive an rx8. Well turns out the sales rep i talked to said yes, and added that it was his last week there. So i enterd a 2005 red 6 speed 268 hp rx8. Well the guy took me on the interstate and asked me to open her up because he hadnt seen what they could do. about 10 min. later we are doin 150 mph on i-10. on the way back (doing the speedlimit i might add) he asks me what i do with my rx7 (1988 gxl) and i mentioned drifting. this guy got so enthused about it and started asking me a bunch of questions, and i being the noob that i am answerd the ones i could. Then he asked me to slide the rx8. i swear i thought i was dreaming but we found a fairly empty parking lot and i showed him what i could do. needless to say he was excited and told me "it beats the hell outta drag racing". well after that the story gets pretty lame, he reminds me i cant afford one, and that im still 18. it was short lived but damn, that thing slid fairly well. not as much tire smoke as i wouldve liked. but the 9000 rpm redline was beautiful. that ladies and gents was my 15 min.

something that ive always wanted to do. You got very lucky having a guy like that let you take the car out like that. Maybe one day youll be able to get an rx8, wouldnt mind having one myself. Cool story

Comment

Working...
    X