Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Powerful Engine in the World

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

I wonder if they could make a 4-wheeled vechicle with that in it, and drift it? I kid, I kid...

Seriously though, you have to admit the engineering of that is phenomional. I can only imagine the explosion in each cylinder...

wow that amazing. Ive seen videos of battleships being built and hving leage pistons and other stuff put in, but this is 2 - 3 times bigger than that. I wonder how much oil it takes to keep that thing lubercated. And i wouldnt want to be the person that had to change the oil

cool link

Comment

that's nothing.......i just got done swapping one of this into an s13

that's awesome.....its not very often you get to see the internals of those large freighter engines ......great link thanx

Late,
      Daniel

Comment

Wow, and I thought working with 32L V-12's for Caterpillar was big!

Comment

It's not even OHC :P I wonder how big a turbo for that would be and how much boost it would have/need

Comment

wow how many times i that going to be posted on auto forums...i think thats now the 3rd that has been put on this forum in the past few years...its like everything keeps re-cycleing itself....

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
              wow how many times i that going to be posted on auto forums...i think thats now the 3rd that has been put on this forum in the past few years...its like everything keeps re-cycleing itself....
              yeah... there is no more internet..
              but yeah.. holy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...

Comment

i defy you to show me a bigger engine!

Comment

Technically speaking, the NASA Apollo program Saturn V's engines were the most powerfull engines ever built. Making the equivalent of 36 million horsepower each (160,000,000 hp total), the five F-1 engines (their model designation) on the primary stage required 50,000hp, or half the power of the diesel engine above, just to drive the fuel pumps.

Comment

my house can fit inside that engine

Comment

Working...
                    X