GT4 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT4 Problem

(There's a little story thatr goes along with this, so hang with me...)Alright. So the other night I was just kinda screwing around and doing a the family cup thingy at Tsukuba with my S15. The race begins with a rolling start at 50mph and on the sreen right before I cross the starting line it says "FULL THROTTLE" (nothing out of the ordinary, I know). So naturally I do that, which in my case is pushing the gas pedal down all the way. As soon as I crossed the starting line and the car got out of auto drive the revs dropped instantly. So I thought "WTF?!" and put the brakes on and came to a complete stop. I figured it was only an instantaneous problem. I put the gas in again. Nothing happened. I was still confused so I pressed the Start button to pause the game and exit the race. I arrowed down to Exit and pressed the gas which acts as the 'X' button. Nothing happened. Then I pressed the 'X' button on the steering wheel. Nothing happened. Then I unplugged the whole steering wheel setup from the USB port on my PS2 and plugged in a regular controller. I pressed 'X' on there and still nothing happened. So then I figured "aw, F it" and pressed the button on my PS2 to open the disc drive so I could put in a DVD. Nothing happened. At this point I was completely confused. Only after I held in the reset button to turn off my PS2 was I able to open the disc drive. I tried to play GT4 again the next day and had all the same problems. I figured out the only buttons that work now are Select, Start, circle, square and the d-pad. My question is has anyone had similar issues with GT4? And does anyone know how I could go about fixing it without actually deleting my GT4 info on my memory card. I got pretty far into the game and I'd really preffer not losing everything I've gotten so far. I'd really appreciate any advice.

uhhh wrong forums.......

Comment

Spock...
      I have heard I believe something along those lines from somebody else before. The problem is Gt4 is packed with so many glitches it's hard to avoid them.
      All I can think...
      Have you checked your GT4 controller setup to make sure you didn't accidentally change something.
      Sorry I can't help more, but I do know a place that can.
      www.gtplanet.net
      Search for your problem, or join and post it on there. They will be able to help you out I am sure.
      Later man, and good luck with it.

Comment

Alrighty. Thanks.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Working...
          X