So I had my hair cut tonight.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I had my hair cut tonight.....

Before you say.."SO WHAT"!! please take a second to read this.....

Some people may already know this, but a little over a year ago I was sidelined with multiple surguries....It was a Cancer scare that I made it thru. The recovery took a full year of mostly being in the bed and not much else. During that time I a chance to think about my life and how lucky I was to be 'Healthy'.

During my many trips to the Cancer research facility I couldnt help but notice the people that were not as lucky as me. The side effects of the treatment (as im sure you all know) causes hair loss. Young,old, black,White,Asian,Hispanic...any and everyone.

Ive gotten a lot of work over the years due to my hair, shot with great photographers and hairshows with sum of the top stylist in the US...... but I thought it would serve others better.

I had it cut to donate it to "locks of love" ( http://www.locksoflove.org ) A non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvataged kids, who have long term medical related hair loss.

I just want to encourage others to help any way that they can. It's not always about money ( or which charity you decide to support ) It could jus be an hour of your time that you donate that could change someones quality of life.

http://www.driftgirl.org/hair/shift_hair.htm

OK, back to cars now

One of the guys here that works for me, his wife did a donation to the Locks of Love thing. Sounded like a pretty good organization for a really good cause. Good on ya! Always nice to give back to people!

Anyway, I like your hair better in the after shots. But, that's just me. I like short hair on women. :drool

Comment

I'm glad that your bout w/ cancer was treatable. I've lost a few friends to cancer. And it is awesome that you donated your hair! BTW...the original length of your hair was extremely long!!! OMG!

Comment

Awesome!
        I know other girls who did that.
        Too bad my hair never gets that long before I look like an aborigine.

Comment

Working...
        X