Sponsors hmm!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsors hmm!??

This is a curious question to anyone so don't get mad at me or anything like that so just want to know more unanswered questions thats all. This has been boggeled my mind for a while so I want to get from you guys that been in the industry for a long time. Now I see people with stickers on their car which mite mean they have sponsors or they are showing what they have on and in the car from that company. BUT can anyone tell me how sponsorship works or starts for that matter, what are the benefits of sponsors and what are some of the dislikes as well, because there has to be some rules or things you can't do with your sponsor. Thanks!!

SamuraiX26

First of all, no one is going to sponsor you if you are just "building your first car.. but but but it's gonna be the bomb, yo!" Sponsors want people that have been around for a long time and who have proven themselves. In drifting, this means competitions, exposure (magazines, websites, etc..), good representation of the company (you as a person, meeting people, knowing people, how you act, does it go well with how the company wants to be protrayed...)

So, after you spend money making a nice hot car and you spend money going to a lot of events and you spend money fixing your car, and you do well, can sell yourself, provide something to the company.... you compose a proposal with your needs, your stregths, your car, your plan... and you try and sell yourself as something the company could benefit from supporting. Note all the money spending you need to do before actually recieving a sponsorship.

If that works, they send you the parts at the agreed upon discount and you uphold your end of the deal... aka stickers (whatever the agreement was) and keep going to events, posting online, taking pictures, doing good, winning *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, get THEM and yourself more and more exposure...

Thats how a typical scenario will work.

That being said, go to www.origin-lab.com, www.splparts.com, www.versionselect.com, www.jspec.com, www.tougefactory.com and www.garageworksltd.com to buy cool stuff to support cool companies!
    Last edited by _PG_; 06-10-2005, 09:11 AM.

Comment

PG pretty much summed it up...
      up front its gonna take hard work or a lot of money...or both, before it 'happens' for you.

Theres no real short-cut to it...
      Last edited by DriftGirl; 06-10-2005, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
        That being said, go to www.origin-lab.com, www.splparts.com, www.versionselect.com, www.jspec.com, www.tougefactory.com and www.garageworksltd.com to buy cool stuff to support cool companies!
        LOL PG, those ads up aren't gonna give you brownie points, only a large slushie can get you in the back room...

Comment

OR, You could just start your own buisness and sponsor yourself, but then theres Incorporating fee's, Taxes so even then your still spending Bucks. These guys pretty much sum it up.. look at it as you wanting to be a Professional Football Player for your favorite team, They go to practices so you go to events the play in games, you pay and play with your car in some autocross or whatever and like Pg said, You have to have the Right amount of Everything in order for companies to say, "Hey this kids good, Lets Sponsor him", And Alot of those guys you see with Stickers, arent really sponsored in a way, some people just like Stickers.

Comment

ok now this was a curious question not a question that Im not looking for sponsors and Im still a beginner learning more and more about drifting and the industry ok. We would all love to be sponsor by big companies and get free stuff and like you said it takes money, dedication, showing up to most of the events as possibly, get to know the people in the industry, practice practice more and more drifting, go to alot of beginniers compition, and maybe get lucky enuff to get notice that maybe a pro or a company to help you and sponsor you. So Im still a BEGINNIER ok this question was just to know how sponsorship work in drifting and the industry Im not looking for any sponsorship like you said you got pay your dues and work hard at it and practice too. Thanks!

SamuraiX26

Comment

if your out there driving and drifting to get ponsors you are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and suck at life

Comment

If you wanna strive to have a car thats Sponsored or becoming a Driver thats Sponsored, means that someone on a higher level (buisiness wise) has taken note of what your doing or building. Dont let people talk you outta being the best that you can be....

R'now I only have full (100%) Sponsors for one of my cars and a few companies that 'want in' on the 2 Nissans Im building. The Nissans are being built to Drive, so Im holding off on letting anyone 'in' on them till I get seat time and events under my belt.

But the cool thing is that I have that option based on the hard work Ive done in the past.

If you build a nice car or do well in Driving, then Sponsors will come to you or will be more likely to Sponsor you if you ask.

As someone new in the Automotive scene its easy to get caught up in the 'hard core' Initial D bullchit that you see posted everywhere.

Dont buy into it. There are some people that are serious about what they're doing and are paying their dues. Good things will happen for them at sum point.

Others that simply like to talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*......But at the end of the day, thats all they have and all they're worth

Anybody that strives for mediocrity sucks at life.
                Last edited by DriftGirl; 06-12-2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

i wasnt saying strive to be ok. i was saying if your out there just driving to become sponsored then your doing it for the wrong reason and your gonna get over it.

sure go out there and try hard but have a fun time.

Comment

Drift girl sounds like you are set.. I wanted to thank you for the Comments About Me and Wes at Drift Fest...... I heard that you said good things about us and that was awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftin180sx
                      Drift girl sounds like you are set.. I wanted to thank you for the Comments About Me and Wes at Drift Fest...... I heard that you said good things about us and that was awesome!!
                      yeah, we were sittin in the stands and thats what everyone was pretty much saying as well.

You guys did a great job!

Comment

Working...
                      X