No announcement yet.

Fast and the Furious 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! wait thats what the movie did look like...

Comment

Originally posted by Stannyboy
      Hey craig who do you work for??? NBC Uni???

he's the one who provided the skyline with the blue strips mang.

The movie sounds cool.

But like said b4, I hope the kid doesn't become an instant "drift king."

In the first F&F, it was allowed cause all you needed was a fast motor and know how to drive a stick.

This kid, straight imported from the US, is supposed to drift as if his friend's life depended on it, which is basically it.

Maybe he's a prodigy. Or that the script progresses after he lives 7 years in living Japan.

Comment

Hey Craig, if you get involved how about telling them not to do it about drifting. Tell them street racing is still mega cool sikerz!!!!
        Tell them noone will watch it if its about drifting.
        I just don't want this sport to be to uber sweet popular.
        I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I just don't want the new "mega collest thing ever" to be drifting. Its hard enough to find a good RWD car, and drift spot now, it will be impossible if that comes out...

Comment

Everyone is talking about how this movie will ruin the sport and make it impossible to find cars and places to drift. Look at Japan!! Everyone and there grandma knows what drifting is, they have road signs that say NO DRIFTING. Those stupid "drift bumps" on the touge, and look at all the amazing drifters they have produced. The inflation of drifting will bring more track days and more tracks, bigger drift community, more FD events, produce more drifters for international competition and maybe even a better rep for the US. Also more companies will make parts for "drift" cars(240sx,ae86,fd,etc...), and maybe high end JDM parts(englsih directions included )will become more available.
          I know your thinking "what about the ricers?"Well, I think first they will be a problem, but then after they figure out what drifting really is and if they can do it or not it'll be less of a problem. The ricers that do stick with it will soon find out that there ricer ways are completely looked down upon and will then change and start to make fun of there friends and what not.
          This is just what I think will happen.

Comment

ok yea u just said all the good things that would come out of it if it does come out like that but what about all the bad things i bet their more bad then good

Comment

Lookin forward to it crazy !!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
                Everyone is talking about how this movie will ruin the sport and make it impossible to find cars and places to drift. Look at Japan!! Everyone and there grandma knows what drifting is, they have road signs that say NO DRIFTING. Those stupid "drift bumps" on the touge, and look at all the amazing drifters they have produced. The inflation of drifting will bring more track days and more tracks, bigger drift community, more FD events, produce more drifters for international competition and maybe even a better rep for the US. Also more companies will make parts for "drift" cars(240sx,ae86,fd,etc...), and maybe high end JDM parts(englsih directions included )will become more available.
                I know your thinking "what about the ricers?"Well, I think first they will be a problem, but then after they figure out what drifting really is and if they can do it or not it'll be less of a problem. The ricers that do stick with it will soon find out that there ricer ways are completely looked down upon and will then change and start to make fun of there friends and what not.
                This is just what I think will happen.

drifting isnt mainstream in japan like people would leave us to believe.

Comment

better luck tommorow was actually a good film...

I think this might be a good movie.

LOl at people thinking drifting is going to blow up.

It's not. It takes a lot of time, money, and most of all devotion.

Street racing with imports was already big before fast and the furious. Nothing big is going to happen.

Any sport with a steep learning curve never catches on in the mainstream.

....look at how slow this message board is... Drifting in the mainstream indeed.
                  Last edited by gundamzeta; 06-27-2005, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                    Hey Craig, if you get involved how about telling them not to do it about drifting. Tell them street racing is still mega cool sikerz!!!!
                    Tell them noone will watch it if its about drifting.
                    I just don't want this sport to be to uber sweet popular.
                    I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I just don't want the new "mega collest thing ever" to be drifting. Its hard enough to find a good RWD car, and drift spot now, it will be impossible if that comes out...

As anyone will tell you, if there's money to be made, there will be no stopping them.

Again, I know very little about the project but since the last un-covered "secret" in the tuner world is drifting, it seems logical that there will at least be some focus on it. Beyond that, the Wan-gan style racing would be my next guess....forgot what you actually call it, but you hardcore guys and gals know of what I speak.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                      As anyone will tell you, if there's money to be made, there will be no stopping them.

Again, I know very little about the project but since the last un-covered "secret" in the tuner world is drifting, it seems logical that there will at least be some focus on it. Beyond that, the Wan-gan style racing would be my next guess....forgot what you actually call it, but you hardcore guys and gals know of what I speak.

wangan is just the highway, but they organize highway races like americans organize street races.
                      kinda, thats the simple definition.

Comment

But....they also organize street drags as well. Oh, and as far as the not mainstream thing.....in Japan, people in the car scene know about drifting.....but not as much the normal people. The only thing is.....there are an @$$load of people in the "car" scene. When I went to japan, there were tuned cars all over the place.

Comment

i dont know why so many people are hatin on this movie being about drifting. yea there are gonna be a lot of ricers out there afterwards, but as soon as they hit theyre first street sign trying to drift then theylle stop. im actually looking forward for this movie to come. itll be like a long drift video. i have a feeling its gonna be pretty tight, its being filmed in japan and there are probably some people there that know whats what. plus i bet a lot of people that are involved in making this film probably read this forum and are being extra careful on not making it fake. just my opinion

Comment

i want to see everyone that doesn't want this movie to go stand in front of the movie theaters with your picket signs to show em who's the morons!

by morons...the haters or universal....hmmm...

Comment

^^^ LOL , LBC? you dont have ae86 parts do you?

Comment

Craig - thanks for your work with the first two.
                                a bit of Wangan racing might be nice, coming back from Nanko at 4 in the morn I saw two r32's going for it on a wide empty freeway, it looked pretty good...

Comment

Working...
                                X