I need advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice...

ok, so as some of you older members may know, i have a 1991 S13 w/ SR20 and a bunch of suspension mods...however, my car has problems, the battery just took a dump on me, The tach doesnt read and neither does the temp gauge. i do not have the money to fix these problems, and so i was thinking about selling the car and starting a new project. I am thinking about trying to find a clean, stock base model coupe, and with the extra money i make off my car get Tein HEs, Kaaz 2 way LSD, Exedy Clutch, Fidanza flywheel, port and polish the head with a 3 angle valve job (i have a spare KA24DE head) and then install my injen cold air, and JWT race ECU....what do you guys think? also, either car is getting subrame connectors and a roll cage, all hand crafted and TIG welded to D1GP specs.

im betting you tach not working along with your temp quage is shitty wiring job, sohc tach, or the plug that goes after the ecu towards the cluster in unpluged.

a battery is like 10$ frmo someone parting out there car

just save up and get a good lsd and coilovers.....

Comment

i already have LSD and solid suspension, and after much thought, i think im going to keep the RPS13 and save up and get the wiring fixedthis winter. my tach should work, it is a DOHC tach, and so i think its just my wiring (the place that did it isnt very good at it). how much would you wager it costs to getwiring done? also the battery is free cause the one that died is an optima yellow top....so its waranteed. well, thanks for the help, send any other advice you have for me my way, thank you once agian

Comment

you should just look at the wiring and check stuff out, it could be a simple thing like the plug fell off or something. someone unpluged my plug lol and i re did all my wiring with out checking and i was liek wtf. lol.

also, they have these tools, they are ghetto but they are the only ones i know how to use lol. its to test for electricicty, one side has like a probe on this hadnle with a light bulb in it, then there is a wire coming out with a pincher type thing on the other side, you put one side on a ground, (in your case it would be the pincher side) then you stick the probe pointy side through the wires, check out srswap.com for what color waires are what underm there, its right under the glove box no biggie, then check to see they are gettting power or soemthing.

Comment

mmk, where is the plug for the gauges? and when yours came unplugged did it kill all the gauges? cause its just my tach and temp, but osmetimes the tach jumps randomly...yeah, i just got back from driving my car and i love it way too much to sell it...lol

Comment

ya mine was only tach and temp

go to the ecu, and coming out of it thehre will belike 7 wires, just follw them, thats them

Comment

ok, sweet...i'll look into that this evening, when im changing my oil and replacing the fuse for the stereo

Comment

i found the 6 wires coming out of the ECU and they go to a brown connector, which is just kinda chilling near the ecu....is the other plug for that connector up under the dash? or where in that area is it? is it easily accessed? thanks for your help

Comment

ya its under right abocve the ecu

some wil be dangling

check heavythrottle.com

then go to sr install faq opr soemtihng its the bottom one

everytihng you need to know is right there

Comment

cool, i'll check it out in a little bit....

Comment

yay!! i found the connector and connected it! it was so hard to find though cause it was still in its OEM location way up there, and i had to take off my glove box to find it...but now its fixed!!! thank you very much for the help, i was going to pay this place to look through and sort it out, but thanks to you i now have more money i can spend on things like gas, and a new exhuast!!!

Comment

sweet! sweet!

Comment

Working...
                        X