All Legal Mods in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Legal Mods in CA

i just found this out, and for those of you who didnt know about it here's the link to all the legal mods that are allowed in california.
    www.arb.ca.gov
    i know most of you don't care, but some people are real boyscout about it. what i found out though was there was a lot of leeway for Domestic cars. no offense to those of you who drive them but that's messed up. what about my 1986 corolla? why can't that be classified as a classic?

What cars are they stating are classic? If it's okay for an 88 camaro or mustang to use certain parts but not your 86, I could understand. But I could see the difference if it were a car made before laws came into effect. A good example is the 68 camaro my dad gave me. No emissions equipment what so ever. They can't make you add stuff the manufacturer didn't offer, but if it came with it, generally you can't take it off or change it without approval.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
      What cars are they stating are classic? If it's okay for an 88 camaro or mustang to use certain parts but not your 86, I could understand. But I could see the difference if it were a car made before laws came into effect. A good example is the 68 camaro my dad gave me. No emissions equipment what so ever. They can't make you add stuff the manufacturer didn't offer, but if it came with it, generally you can't take it off or change it without approval.
      I see what you mean, but I saw some cars like 1990-1992 Firebirds and Corvettes, I didn't read it all of course because the listing is so long. But I did a search for Toyota and there wasn't anything.

Comment

i did a little more digging on the subject of smog, it seems that all cars in 75 and before that time just wont pass smog period, they only implimented factory smog requirements after that time, thats why a lot of the classic muscle cars gets leway. im such a baby sometimes but yeah. just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
          i did a little more digging on the subject of smog, it seems that all cars in 75 and before that time just wont pass smog period, they only implimented factory smog requirements after that time, thats why a lot of the classic muscle cars gets leway. im such a baby sometimes but yeah. just fyi.
          well to my knowloge its 74 and older cars r smog excempt....

Comment

Working...
          X