Drifting fast & the furious 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember...

I remember there WAS drifting scene in 2F2F, but it was a computer CG it was so obvious...Well if the next one is gonna revovle around drifting, then its gonna have a lot of CG sequences, so you might as well watch Initial D in it's 3D/cell-shaded goodness...

Comment

• IF YOU F&F DIRECTORS OR ANY1 ASSOCIATED WITH THIS MOVIE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!

ahem

I have seen both of your movies, and i frankly am not impressed. I am a high school student, and I'm the age those movies targeted, i spent $8 on some movie with some RICED OUT (look up "Show to the blind, but no go"). I am hear to just give you my advice. Before you even think about movie, go to local drag strips, drift evens, etc, and ask the RACERS, not that 17 year old kid with the Civic that has a 2 inch pipe that just adds weight, ask the guy who doesnt have neon on his car, and that does have Lambo doors, and doesnt have a girl friend that likes him for the sticker that says "99.9% ricer, and that doesnt have a sticker period!!!!! Go to Japan, look for all the greatest tuners like Top Secret, Cusco, Mugen, Nismo, ETC!!! Sure prob half the people you target the movie at are gonna want all that stuff I said not to put in, but if I see a preview and it doesnt have 1 of the above mentioned, I will watch it at my expense. I read the post with the guys that worked on the 1st and 2nd and I totally agree with you guys, but maybe instead of saying in the forums what you actually think, go tell Hollywood and everyone else what YOU think. You will make MORE fans around the world cause the in America, the ratio of Ricers to Tuners is 3 to 1, BUT in Europe, Australia, Japan, etc, it is probally other way around! You will NOT lose fans, all the kids will see "Fast and Furious" and just ask mom and dad for money to see this movie with they're friend who owns a civic with the vinyl of a dragon on the side, and when those guys, and probally everyone leaves the theater, they will probally think that they're car is crap!!

Better yet, put a scene were a Skyline faces a Hachi, Skyline is all SHOW but no GO, Hachi is all Panda and all GO, make hachi win, piss some people off but get me, and probally everyone else that disrespects your movie to actually like it, and probally own it in theyre DVD collection. Frankly im gettin tired of all this ricer crap. I dont mind a car looking good, I mean hotrods are show and more go, but just show is like a beautiful blonde that doesnt know were shes standing. You need balance. 1 more thing, please tune the cars! Dont undertune them like the 2nd one, (everyone has read that Sport Compact Car article), put actual parts, and dont make it another "Im a cop here to stop the bad guy" kinda thing. JUST MY 2 CENTS, FLAME ME AWAY!

Comment

• Yep...

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoSigma
          Better yet, put a scene were a Skyline faces a Hachi, Skyline is all SHOW but no GO, Hachi is all Panda and all GO, make hachi win, piss some people off but get me, and probally everyone else that disrespects your movie to actually like it, and probally own it in theyre DVD collection.
          This has sorta been done...

Comment

• Not to the masses! I swear, in my school, me and prob 1 other kid know alot about cars. (This 1 time, we went to this kid who supposedly drove a Rx7 and that knew everything about em and asked the infamous "how many cylinders does the rx7 have?"..... he answered 6)... the rest of the people see a any car that makes a strange diseased noise and immediatly you see guys flock to some jackass with a civic with a 3in pipe, a 5ft wing, and a music system that adds about 200 lbs, i mean dont get me wrong, entertainment is the POINT of this industry, cause thats what it purely is, but all i see is entertainment on all that rice crap. its like having to much tv, pretty much im gonna go blind from looking at that 20in monitor in some guys back seat. I once saw this guy walk into auto(z0|\|e) and asked for rims, i just listenend, but when the clerk was gonna give him some of those crappy plastic things, i kindly steeped in and ask the guy what kinda car he had, he of course said Civic (civics are alright, just not in the hands of a ricer), i then kindly asked how much he was willing to spend, he said 1000, so i gave him a website so he can at least put some nice volk, 5zigen, or anyother type of rim thats not plastic.

I just think that before 1 buys neon or any type of visual show piece, that it have a paper that says that its ricer and that it sucks, etc etc. ................ but yea.... pretty much i just need a see a good movie, the last good car movie i saw were
            A. Cannonball (classic version)
            B.Le Mans
            C. Gone in 60 seconds ( old and new one)

some of those movies are older than me but still own any other crap that circulating around. I have seen the last race and it was descent, just the right amount of show and lots more go, i love d that 5.0, cant belive it lost though.

Comment

• http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3...ewpost=3516910

i made that post in a movie website and i think you all would aggree with it, this 1 kid made a post that said "i wanna see vin in the 3rd one with that kick @$$ honda supra" lol i couldnt stop laughing to i registered and posted!
              Last edited by NismoSigma; 07-19-2004, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• If they put drifiting in fast and furious 3, it will kill the name for all drifters around the world ( every1 knows im right )
                fast and furious killed the name for street racers already....
                i hope not man ...i hope not...im sure some people would agree with me....

its bad enough that tokyo pop butchered initial d ...haha

classic japanese initial d is the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

• nismosigma, ur flucking awesome. we've gotta b related (but i live in vancouver, quite far away from new jersey) ur sayin waht im thinkin. i thought i would b the hero on this site who makes fun of ricers. but im not, this site doesn't need that, who would hav thunk it? a drifting site with a three page thread on what i hate but in other ppl's words. wow. also i agree that civics are great cars but not in the hands of ricers. there wuz an article in super street a while ago about a 590hp civic dx and i totally respect that: no vinyl, no decals, just some nice rims (gotta have 'em) and a flucking crazy modded b-series engine (it also had loads of torque). well i just have to say that u r awesome.

Comment

• Hmmm.....good stuff here

Well, I can't reveal too much and even if I did, scripts are subject to change anyway. But with that said...It has been reported and rumored that this movie might take place predominantly in Japan. That could be good. The producers are surely smart enough to research the top tuners in Japan and it would seem to be a safe bet that wan Gan racing and drifting, to an extent, would play a role and that top tuners in Japan will and are being contacted now.

But the drifting and Wan Gan plot points are not thick enough to hold a story together, so it would also seem logical that a revenge plot line or a crime plot line would filter its' way into the movie.

That was a BIG problem for me in part 1....at our advice, they DID remove nearly all of the guns used by Dom's team and replaced them with harpoon guns...score one for the tech advisors and consultants. The

Keep in mind: 99.9999% of all movies are NOT documentaries, therefore, look for the producers to make a drama with a few of the stereotypes that get us riled up. Why not make a documentary? The don't make money, action movies do. FF1 made $145M in the US. 2F2F made over $200M. In their eyes, BOTH of those movies were exactly as they should have been.

Now, that said, I CAN tell you that one of the script writers IS going to great lengths to research authentic technical dialogue but this DOES NOT mean that producers will add in some stuff that just doesn't exist....like neon on a Skyline....like nitrous oxide-powered ejection seats....like 8 speed trannies....like tires spinning at 145mph when they hit the "naaawwwwsss."

If it DOES cover drifting and Wan Gan racing, what will happen to these "underground" sports?

Will I be involved? Are you crazy? People still think that big wings and neon lights in part 1 were MY idea? Let someone else take the heat, I'm done....now, if they'd like to rent one of my cars for the normal day rate, that's a whole other deal!

FYI: The person to contact is Scott Stuber at Universal...smart guy and VERY young and talented. I believe the buck stops with him. The main producer is and has been Neal Moritz...likewise talented.

Comment

• By the way...

...if you think both movies had flaws in their final edits, you SHOULD HAVE SEEN the original scripts!!

If nothing else, I have to credit to Rob Cohen (part 1 producer) for taking the time to fix many of the glaring issues.

As for part 2, Singleton was a "work for hire" director, meaning the movie was only partially under his control....he had bosses to answer too.

And lastly, please do NOT forget that movies serve 2 purposes:
                      Entertain
                      Make money for those who funded it;

BOTH movies easily surpassed goal #2.

Were they academy award winners? Hell no, but as someone who's seen Pearl Harbor and who was a history major, I can list dozens of inaccuracies.

Not defending the movies, so no flames please, just offering a possible explanation from the studio's perspective....although I don't speak for them.

Comment

• ...And THAT is where we (the enthusiasts) were put out on the street corner and dressed up with high heels, mini skirts and feather boas and got all the unwanted attention of the gangsta wannabes and liberal media. It's very understandable that Universal Studios was making a movie more for entertainment than for informative purposes. But in the process they sold something alot of people, especially me, are very passionate about. Personally, nothing pisses me off more than a 15-year-old with an Import Tuner magazine, or something along those lines, and raving about how cool Skylines or Hondas or whatever are. Had those movies never come out it probably would never have happened. You say these movies have done alot of good for the industry, and, yeah, they probably have. But they've done plenty bad for it, too. Once the American media got their hands on this they had to go and put their ghetto-phabulous twist on it, which seems to be the thing right now, and attracted the wrong kind of people into this "scene", or whatever you want to call it. It's so prevailant in American tuning magazines. In fact, alot of the ads really disgust when I see how they try and portray the "import culture". They neglect the fact that normal people do this for fun and not "fo da hoes." I mean look at this guy. I'm sure if he was ever stranded on an island he could use his head for a beacon.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Totally agree....

While it brought new blood into the sport, for the love of Christ, how many "you got naws in dat ting?" questions do I have to endure at a gas station?

Ok...so I spend some time with each of these wayward souls to try and correct them and guide them. But my patience grows thin...almost as thin as when I have to correct someone who SWEARS that I didn't know there's no such thing as a Motec system exhaust....or Hashimoto tires....or that SR20's don't go in Civics (each of these explanations is an amusing tale of TF &TF trivia.)

Anyway, I provided the names of the people responsible...hopefully, we can start a campaign to get this movie made at least a little more in a manner that speaks better to the hardcore audience....and I'm casting my vote now for Alex P for Tech Advisor....let him take the hell! (J/K Alex! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!)

Comment

• In 2F2F, I thought the CG "drifting" was pathetic, as was the storyline. I like the character that Paul walker plays, but I feel sorry for the setting he is put in. He has been demoted from a respectable and loyal nice guy hero, to an on the edge wannabe cop racer thug (He has good tase in the Skyline, though. Which, by the way, you'd NEVER find in a used car lot!). If they wanted to make a decent sequel to the first, they should have waited until Vin Diesel was finished filming "Riddick" and convinced a reputable director to colaborate with screenwriters to help make an accurate and exciting movie, rather than a movie that tryed to be a sequel, but instead was a neon pink CG smear on film. I sure hope they have some guts to talk to the real McCoys, rather than the "experts" at APC for the next film.

Comment

• We can all rest assured APC has no technical staff. The have a top ranking drift team maybe they will play a roll in the tech department.

Craig just a heads up so you dont take any more flack, its Wangan named after the toll way from chiba to yokohama.

Nobody runs it out thow anymore the roadway I hear is all broken up and they wont fix it to keep the guys off. I heard most of them take the tunnle under Tokyo bay and the aqualine to chiba they are the newest roads.

Comment

• I have to admit.. i almost laughed my a** off reading your replies.
                                This rice crap has to stop. This is just a sign that the end of the automotive world is coming very fast. I was on the gtplanet.com boards awhile ago and there was this kid who said that his CRX did 9 seconds on the q/mi. Then he went on to say that he didnt race it but he did it on his dyno in his garage....My first reaction to this was 10-20min session of laughter.But then when u think about it most actual race cars cant break 9 sec. Some can prolly get close...but..cmon...LOL. Anyway this movie will just have a bunch of wannabe drifters coming home to beg thier parents to buy them a RX-7 or something else... then it will start again with another ricer revolution...

Comment

Working...
                                X