Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Sniff Sniff** I smell ebay scam...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I emailed the seller, here is my question about the price...

This looks extremely fishy. Location of car? Cost of shipping to USA? These cars are FAR more than that price, even in Japan.

And here is his reply...

Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting me regarding your willingness to purchase my 1999 Nissan Skyline GTR R34.
    First of all i want to tell you that the price includes all the shipping costs and insurance so you will not have to pay any extra charges.The car has a Clear Title which will come along with it.
    The Skyline is in a perfect conditions,no damages ,look and run great .It will be shipped from Berlin , Germany via Lufthansa Air insured and It will take 7 days tops until you will have it at your door.The product is an US model with US specs, comes with all the documents you need to register the car.
    I am willing to let it go for 7500$ US dollars with shipping costs and insurance.
    The payment will be made through eBay Protection Program and only after you will receive the package i will receive the payment.
    If you agree with these terms,please email me your full name and address and i will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.

Best Regards

So, in essence, really fishy.

well with how the deal says it seems somewhat safe, ebay's protection program, and he does not get payed until you have the car, but us spec? im not much into skylines but i dont think we have had a us spec to date unless it was converted, how much is shipping? probably around 1500 by air is what i would say have no idea though, i dont know it may be a fair price for the car possibly, if it does pass up you'll be kicking yourself, if it is a scam, you will be too....

Comment

Well, shipping would be at least 1500 by BOAT. A 1999 Nissan Altima is about that price, so if you really think even a little about the price, it is a steal at 5 times that price...
      It cannot be real.

Comment

well i dunno, maybe the enconomy is different in germany, main reason why i said could be true, plus there was a honda s2000 that was brand new, 4000 miles on it that a woman had here that went for 7000$ just because it was her ex husbands but in her name and she really didn't want it, we barely missed that deal, to bad.

Comment

someone might have got a steal

Comment

yea thats definitely a scam, i see that exact same wording in alot of mkiv scams alllll the time, and it is worth more along the lines of 30-50k dollars, believe me its a scam

Comment

Yeah. Its a scam.

I was interested in a STI, an FD, and a MKIV and each seller was asking less than 12K for all 3 of them. I wrote them and they all replied to me with basically the same email.

Dont mess with it, let some stupid idiot fall for the trap.

Comment

omg thank god I found this thread. I almost feel for this! I was almost duped by this exact thing, except for a 350z, alittle more reasonable. I'm filing a complaint to the fbi internet scam website.

except I found mine through craigslist.com

and then I was looking at an FD, and I got the same type of email through autotrader.com

Comment

Working...
                X