Board Activity ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Activity ..

hey have any of you noticed that this board has slowed down in the past 2 years tremendously? honestly i stoped posting at the end of 2003 on here (and just have recently started back) b/c the board was just too crazy. some of you older "veterns" in the sport and the industry can prob. remember back in the early days of drifting.com at how busy it was. i remember that you could post a topic or new thread, it would have 3 replys within like 5 mins, then within 15 mins it would be like 2 pages back just b/c of all the new threads posted the 15 mins after you would post your thread. for me it was just too busy ... hence why i took a year away form this site ... but i still would occasionally read the threads and such ...

but my question is this, why do you all think there is such a drop in activity? the same is also true with driftcentral.com. as compared to last year, a noted decrease in activity. i wonder if the "fad" of drifting is beginning to wear off?

well anyway, enough rambling .. such voicing some thoughts i was haveing.

i dont think its the fad that is wearing off i think that a lot of people get tired of random kids saying something, or posting the same crap over and over again so it gets old and boring, im still not sure why im still here but i am lol

Comment

yea... i think people are too scared to post and get flamed

Comment

People get tired of the flamin and hatin'. The site used to be really cool when it started, but now Everybody wants to be 'Mr. Hardcore,tough guy Drift0r'.

I just pretty much use my own forum If I have questions, the people there are cool and they get answered...laid back and Drama free.

I come for event coverage and info since I live so far from everything. But im not trying to get into a flame war with sum 15yr old kid, when Ive owned/built more cars than theyve had birthdays....not really worth my time.

Not all younger folks are like that...but that seems to be the trend these days.

Comment

yea basically i've been staying with local forums, it seems like if you have the chance to meet the people in real life they're not going to be retards over the internet.

Comment

^ ditto ...

local forums are really the best IMO .... but i also use driftcentral b/c honestly there's only about 10 or 15 regulars on there and we've know each other for years now and it's kinda' like a family ... but yeah otherwise it's www.vegasdrift.com for me. just weird how things have changed over the past 2 years ....

Comment

yea slcrotary.com for me, either that or utahscca.com but not many people there that drift.

Comment

I havent been a member that long(aug 2004) but I had been viewing the site since nov-dec 2003 and I agree that it has slowed down ALOT. I think one thing is that all the older people got pissed when the sport grew and all these kids kept joining and not using the search button for questions. So a bunch of them moved to Ziptied and barely post here. That place is very busy, all the time. Partly being that there are alot of international members so posting times are completely different(sometimes the date is the day before the day im at lol). The guys from DA posted about a party and within a couple of hours people from the site were there/on there way...its crazy.

Comment

its mostly just posers now that have nothing to contribute

and i dont think the fad is dying down at all

this forum kinda sucks now. if you ever look back there is some really good tech threads, not just about drifting, but about cars and modification, now its just washed out honda trolls asking why their car doesnt start.

Comment

and i thought it was just me at first. but guess not. Alot of the o.g. peeps hardly or dont even post anymore or just left. And it seem like only the same peeps are posting.
                    Last edited by FD3S_pilot; 12-30-2005, 10:27 PM.

Comment

it's matured. if I wanna hear from industry insiders or pros or tv coverage, i'd go here. when drifting.com started, there was a ton of flaming and n00bies. this forums has been singlehandedly stereotyped in Superstreet for the ultra conservative users that would flame n00bies on here back then. now the kiddy posts are gone.

however, if you miss all of that, just wait until fast and the furious 3 comes out...

Comment

Working...
                      X