Paint Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Job?

Here's a big topic that I know has been covered before... getting a new paint job.

1. What's the best way to get a new paint job?
    should i just find an auto paint place and tell them to paint my car?

2. What different types of paint jobs (not colors) for cars are there?
    can i get a paint job where they take everything off the car and paint every body piece of the car, including the interior body, painted?

3. How much have you paid for a paint job, what type of color, where did you get it painted, and what was painted?

4. How much would I save if I wanted to paint every body piece of my car, including the interior, but I stripped the car of all it's parts so the paint shop only had to prep the body and paint it?

5. When you get a paint job, do they repair dents and small rust spots?

I'm sure there are other questions, but I can't think of any more at the moment.

it would seriously take a few paragraphs to answer your questions.

The best advice I can give is to go to the nearest body shop with your car and get an estimate and then have them explain it.

- Paint jobs can range from $10 (rattle can) to $100,000+ (usually somewhere in between )

-The most expensive paint jobs are the ones like youve described that remove and strip parts. Painting the interior will seriously add to the cost of the paint job.

- The more work you do yourself, the cheaper it'll be

- Paints are single stage, 2 stage, 3 stage (Kandy) and pearls....
    Considering your question (and the fact that its a Drifting board) Id strongly advise against any 3 stage (Kandys) or pearls

I just got hired to help build a car recently. I'm charging an arm and 2 legs to lay down a silkie pearl/kandy

Ive got a Drift car thats half flat black rattle can primer and half macco Ive got another car that I roll on the weekends and even pull it into car shows every now n then. Its a Kandy and was hella expensive just for the materials to paint it

It seriously depends on what you want to do with the car.

Good luck!!

Comment

Does MAACO remove dents and small rust spots?

I'm not looking for a flashy paint job or cool colors, I just want my car repainted it's stock white color.

I'm taking most of the interior in the car out for good so I wanted that part of the body painted too.

Also, I want the engine bay repainted.

So I was thinking I might do something like this to save a lot of money;

1. Find someplace very respectable to buff out the dents and sand down/prime the small rust spots. (that's only if MAACO doesn't do that)
      2. Get the exterior repainted at MAACO
      3. Finish removing all the interior pieces that I don't want and find a shop that will paint it.
      4. While doing a rebuild I'll take everything out of the engine bay and get it painted by the same shop that did my interior.

Is this a good plan or should I change some things?

Comment

Do it all at once.

Everytime you take it in they'll have to use more materials to prep the car. Let them prep it once and finish the job.

Any paint/body shop can remove dents and such......

Comment

but doesn't MAACO only do cheap exterior repaint jobs?

Comment

Money talks.......whats your paint budget?

They'll paint whatever you need painted....for a price

Comment

I'd take it to reputable shop. Then again the Maaco here sucks. It's a bunch of highschool kids who can't even feather *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out right. You can get a decent job done for right around 2-3k.

Comment

Paint

Originally posted by Demianu27
                Does MAACO remove dents and small rust spots?

I'm not looking for a flashy paint job or cool colors, I just want my car repainted it's stock white color.

I'm taking most of the interior in the car out for good so I wanted that part of the body painted too.

Also, I want the engine bay repainted.

So I was thinking I might do something like this to save a lot of money;

1. Find someplace very respectable to buff out the dents and sand down/prime the small rust spots. (that's only if MAACO doesn't do that)
                2. Get the exterior repainted at MAACO
                3. Finish removing all the interior pieces that I don't want and find a shop that will paint it.
                4. While doing a rebuild I'll take everything out of the engine bay and get it painted by the same shop that did my interior.

Is this a good plan or should I change some things?
                You in Hawthorne? I got a paint sponsor that will do your car nice...better than Maaco and around same price. He does the paint for our group. He will strip it down properly, pull/fill in dents, full primer paint/buff etc. Maaco has done some shitty work before depending where you go, but Ive seen too many sheety jobs there. hit me up chachi@@@ driftbrigade com (typed my email wierd so I dont get spam, but its obvious

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                  Money talks.......whats your paint budget?

They'll paint whatever you need painted....for a price

$ 50 bucks???

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...0&fpart=1&vc=1

Comment

take it to AJ at united motorsports!

Comment

Working...
                    X