No announcement yet.

Best Touge Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is a reference back to his earlier post about me being on dope. I wouldn't have been a harsh critic if you hadn't reffered to me and my thinking as "Being on dope".

But as for there being sick roads in Savannah, Sav is a nice place but it is a flat place. Flat as in zero mountains. So there really is no Touge there. Not knocking you or your city cause I love Savannah. Played the St Patties day Rugby tournament down there a couple times. That place is flat as a board though. Flat ain't bad but flat ain't Touge.

The Rover V8 is not a Ford, it is a Buick 215 aluminum V8 for all intents and purposes. Rover made a deal with Buick to supply the engines and they re-badged them under the Rover name.

So Nrgdrift, i'm definatly not trying to "get into it" with you, but i've driven roads down where you are, I lived in St Simons island for 2 years. Those roads can in no way compare to Deal's Gap. A. they aren't mountain roads, B. They aren't near as curvy, there may be a couple curves that are tight and fun but not 318 of them in 11 miles. Actually you ought to come up here and run the Dragon sometime. It will blow your mind. You won't look at roads the same way ever again. Or you can look online at www.dragonstail.com I think it is. Just search out Deals gap.

Yo

Comment

• oh duh... i am such an idiot..... i wrote rover but i was thinkign MG.... :: smacks forehead onto desk ::

as for the dragons tail... HOLY $HIT.... man i wanna come drive that thing in my GTX... sooo bad... i am planning a trip to the keys in may.... I think this may be a stop on my way back

adam "mazda la vista" loehmann

Comment

• Man Maine to the Keys? You are a brave man. I was stationed in Bathe at the Shipyard up there during the time they were building our ship. That was back in 90. I dated a girl that lived in Harrison right on Lake Sebago. Got to ride snowmobiles and stuff. I drove straight through from Athens Ga to Bathe one time. Holy crap that sucked. Also the Rovers that came in MG's were also BUicks . All Rover 8's are basically the same.

Comment

• but.... isn't MG owned by ford... i mean.... look at the latest MG sports car thing on supercars.net if thats not a eurotuner esque mustang i don't know what it is.... but then i could be completely wrong it has happened before

and i live in MA.... ME in the summer.... FL in the winter (except this year cuz i am going to school) so i shave about 2 hours off

Worcester MA to Key West FL

Total Est. Time: 26 hours, 59 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1635.49 miles

adam "ok maybe it's a bit of a hike" loehmann

Comment

• Why do truckers drive on that.. are they retarded ?

Comment

• Probably answered your own question right there.

Though alot of people do not know what it is and then they try to take it as a scenic cut across into Knoxville from 441. I didn't know what it was first time I went on it when I looked at a map. I've seen people up there with campers, trailers and heck even a freaking Scarab 30+ ft offshore racing boat. His transmission was on the verge of grenading when he hit the Inn there and he wasn't even through the worst of it.

Yea it's quiet a ride through there. Not only do you have to worry about motorcycles and cars cooking a corner and hitting you, you get to worry about travellers, trucks, animals and when hunting season is on, hunters. They will throw rocks at you or other things. I heard about a person getting nailed in the windshield with a Mountain Dew bottle. Which is funny considering that Tennessee accounts for a third of Mountain Dew sales for the entire company. Interesting trivia there. Add to the the cops that patrol the mountain with their Marauders and you get an interesting time there in the summer to say the least.

As for Rover and MG. Heck man, either Ford or Chrysler own everything now a days but the Rover engine deal was penned I think round the late 60's early 70s. They went in MG's, Land Rovers, TVR's and a handful of other production cars. Anywhere they needed a lightweight V8, they stuck a Rover. They also came in some race cars as well. There are some places out there that will build you a 400 HP Rover 8 and ship it straight to your door and you can stick it in your MG and blow things away.

Actually Rover 8's would be a great idea for some of you wanting more HP and are worried about the weight issue. All aluminum block and small displacement. Will rev fast and provide pretty decent HP. And you can say it's not Domestic.
              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-11-2004, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• that dragon's tail looks awesome.

You ever get a chance to drive some west coast roads ghost? We have a nice diversity out in southern california. Just about every kind of moutain road you can imagine, and most of them go on for miles. We have nice and easy to "How on earth did they make a road here"

Comment

• I drove touge in the hills of CT for years in my 91 Legacy Turbo wagon - EJ22T motor driving continuously varying AWD (viscous coupling) pushing 350 in a 2500-lb frame.

The only thing holding me back was my nerve - for me, THAT was the ultimate touge machine...

Personally, I wouldn't drive touge in anything that isnt RWD - when you come across leaves at 65 mph while going around a turn, you sure as heck don't want to go sliding off the road.

-MR

Comment

• Opel Speedster Turbo, free-er flowing exhaust and intake, good for prob 210-215 Hp in a car weighing about 900 kg, beefed up springs and shocks, lowered about 30 mm... and its open-top, to further enjoy the experience. Yes, MR, but that just means u gotta be a little more careful.

Also tossing around... Audi A3 with mods, quattro, or VW R32... (basically the same car)

Comment

• 1981 Chevrolet Citation X-11

Simple engine swap to the Grand Prix's 3.1 Turbo
                      Upgrade the Turbo, BOV, intake, exhaust
                      Quaife Diff.
                      High Po. shocks and springs
                      Chassis reinforcement
                      SSR Competition Rims
                      Rolled Fenders to fit the big fat Hoosiers

hehe... evil

wait... I've got money left over?

Replace all the body panel with carbon fiber
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I loved those X-11's. They were the bomb in their day. And still could be.

Comment

• I would say, a 1995 Nissan Sentra, maby drop an sr20 because the 1.6 sucks. But I like an FR car for touge dont know why I just do. But I would strip the insides get Bride seats, and what not, get the bronze volk 5 spoke kick out the camber a tad with full suspention, and then the norm ie. exaust, intake (if not the sr20 then headers), cat. Then i would take the rest of the 50g and buy an infiniti g35. or maby i would make the g35 the touge car? oooh fun now you got my thinking.

Comment

• I think a G35 would be a bit too beefy for the touge.

Comment

• I would take my zx3 (mainly because I own it) and turn that into a touge car.

Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, cams, strut tower, under drive pulleys, 65mm throttle body, header, full suspension, progressive rate springs, toms turbo kit, AWD conversion, LenTec automatic tranny or a MTX conversion...and (if i had the dinero left) the WRC body kit (that kit is around 10k..its full carbon fiber)

To me with those mods you are looking at an ideal horsepower range on a compact car that handles pretty well stock on Skyline.

For all of you west coast heads.."Skyline" is perhaps the closest thing we have to a real touge run in the mid-atlantic states. This spring i'll post some pics. It can get pretty nuts.
                              Last edited by Logan; 03-12-2004, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• the tight roads you refer to are the ones i speak of,but i am in no way trying to compare a few curves with this deals gap.i thought you were refering to me on dope.thats cool anyways,i smoke buddah in my sleep.peace to u bro,touge is about having fun and if i go through some curves in savannah thats just what im doing.having fun,thats what it is all about not this petty drift tread, word to your mother
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X