uh-oh strange smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh-oh strange smell

Hmm ok everytime we drive my 1987 RX7 it emits a strange smell, I feel a bit queasy every time. From what I've been told it could be a leak around the manifold or a fuel tank leak, can anyone help me out with this?

maybe u have a dead animal in there

Comment

I was hoping for a more serious answer....

Comment

Is it a gasoline smell or what?

Comment

kinda, its hard to describe, it doesnt smell like a gas station, it smells like exhaust I guess something around that

Comment

That smell my friend is called coolant.

Smells like you want to puke while driving right?

Sounds like coolant burning. to where or possible mixing i do not know.

Comment

anti-freeze and coolant are two different things right, or am I wrong?

Comment

i just figure FCs smell bad, i had to throw up after following my friend through a road once.

Comment

...yea...I guess, but there has to be a way to fix it (besides replacing the car itself)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I posted over at rx7club, mabye this will help?

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5569123
                  Last edited by AaronConklin; 04-23-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

burnt coolants smells like pancake syrup thats been in the microwave to long, but if you smell a really odd rotten-eggs-esc type smell its gear oil, if someone changed your clutch or trans lately and they either put too much oil, spilled oil, or even worse your trans is leaking that could be it, from personal experience, i know that the drain bolt for those transmissions have a way of coming lose and jusst popping off......... check around your trans, cheack your coolant and try to identify the smell to something your familiar with and it will be easier to pinpoint.

and for the record, i dont get queasy around burnt cooalnt............. maybe its a dumb redneck south thing......

Comment

lol, ok... I really wish I could like send the smell to you guys X_X

Comment

Working...
                      X