How to find sponsors? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find sponsors? help!

D1Sport (http://www.d1sport.lt/d1sport_drift_...a_sponsor.html) is looking for sponsors or partners who could give us an extra discounts for performance parts and other. „D1Sport Racing Team“ ( http://www.d1sport.lt/d1sport_drift_...a_aboutus.html ) it is a part of D1Sport Project which participates in the Drift championships in Lithuania and Latvia. (Next season we are planning to participate in Ukraine and Russia) At the moment we have 3 drivers and 3 Nissans s14 (fully prepared for Drifting) and practice car.
    We are looking for a regular or onetime support. It could be parts, services, money or even knowledge exchange. We are also interested in selling your products and in feature becoming your company's dealers in Lithuania.

A wise man once told me that drifting, like any motorsport, is setup in such a way that when you're GOOD ENOUGH to be recognized, you'll be recognized. . . when you're good enough to be sponsored . . .you'll be sponsored. Keep at it, make a proposal and pitch your name.

-Dave

Comment

Yes it is wise point of view I will think about it!
      Is there any more suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd557 View Post
        A wise man once told me that drifting, like any motorsport, is setup in such a way that when you're GOOD ENOUGH to be recognized, you'll be recognized. . . when you're good enough to be sponsored . . .you'll be sponsored. Keep at it, make a proposal and pitch your name.

-Dave
        Agreed, but don't be afraid to hit the street and at least get your name out.

Plan it like you would if you were getting advertising for your start up business, don't say you'll offer something you can't do (even if it's down the road and you will eventually be able to). Stay local and realize that they might just offer enough to pay for gas, tires, or entry fees. Follow up on promises made and stay in contact with them like they are a friend (or better than that if you treat your friends like crap). And always, ALWAYS bet you will fail many, many times. But, don't look at it as a failure, look at it as solely as a lesson and learn.

Keep your mind open, go after businesses that are in driftings' target audience (typically 18-30 year old males) not just the tuning shops and garages. If you want the money to go drifting, don't be ashamed if your sponsor sells video games, clothes, or anything other than car parts or service, but more importantly be sure you're willing to help sell that business(es) (IE: You're a Mormon and are trying to advertise for a strip club, or you're Jewish trying to sell pork products, etc).

I've learned quickly that getting sponsors for a radio show is somewhat similar, where people will just be able to offer enough money to pay your bill for the show or the car and not for your lifestyle. It's why I'm working at NAPA and trying to do the show and whatever racing/motorsport I can do. If I get a sponsor, it will start to be just enough to do the show, race, or (least likely) both. When they see the great job I do, they may offer me enough that the show takes off as a second career (or better, you never know).

So, don't get discouraged if you don't get that large sum of money to drift (or race) and live on, it will come eventually if you show your potential and do a great job.

Comment

Justin Banner respect! thanks alot for such honest reply! I will try my best

Comment

Just as a suggestion, I know that there are people who make some well edited videos of their drifting and post them up on youtube, streetfire, etc... to try and get themselves out there and noticed.

Comment

Working...
            X