No announcement yet.

Something I don't understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We are now all dumber for listening to you speak. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul."

Comment

Originally posted by Tighty_wh1tey
      if america got skylines and other nice imported cars what would be so nice about having one?
      for me its nice to have cars in other countrys that way if you import one you dont have to go completely rice to have somthing differnet then everybody else.
      It's not the fact that I would like to have one to be different. Even if they had sold those nice cars here (like GTRs, Silvias, EVOs, and so on) I'd still want one. I like them regardless.

Comment

damn right...

Comment

For the most part, it's not that the Japanese companies don't want to sell the sweet cars in the US, it's just that American regulations are so strict. The majority of the "cool" cars that don't come over here are turbocharged and have FMICs. Something to do with bumper strength/shock absorbtion not meeting American standards because of the IC. Case in point: Skylines, Evos up until 8. The reason the 8 came stateside is that they finally modified the front end to meet American regulations.

And let's not forget that when a large number of these cars were made there was next to no market for sports cars in the US/Canada. Hurray for the over-protective, over-litigous society of the west!

B-Wurm

Comment

Originally posted by s0nny80y
            ever heard of that new craze in Tokyo called "SO-CO"? lol, the don't hate us! next thing you know, they'll make better rice cars in tokyo than here and than show cars will be all the rage here in the us and on an on...
            Uhh...correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't it Spo-Com? Like, short for Sport Compact?

Comment

Working...
            X