ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if we can bring this out drifting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: I wonder if we can bring this out drifting...

Originally posted by spock
    Haha! Is that sarcasm or were you actually being serious? I'm not trying to be negative or anything, but NASCAR doesn't really get your adrenaline flowing unless Jeff Foxworthy's jokes happen to apply to you.
    To each his own. If youve never been in a hot lap in a nascar, you may not understand. If you cant imagine what it must be like to be inches apart from 4 cars surrounding you on a 6degree bank, cornering at 170+. Then I guess you may not understand.

Comment

I guess you're right. But who needs NASCAR when you got open-wheel, open-cockpit cars like CART and IRL?

Comment

dude you dont know what your talking about. thats like saying;"who needs baja racing when youve got the WRC?" it doesnt make any sense. NASCAR is a really involved type of racing that demands alot from the driver. the more your understand about it (which in your case seems to be nothing) the better it is. thats like saying drifting is like power sliding in your highschool parking lot (ahem...RADO!!).

What im getting at is this; we need all types of racing. the more the better, the more racing we have the stronger the whole race/auto industry/car scene is. I like cars, i like NASCAR, CART, F1, WRC, IRL, drifting, cart racing, drag racing, dirt track, speed gt, la mans, asa superbike, TT, hell I will even watch the museum races. I like some more than others, and there are things I dont like about some series of racing, but I have a basic grasp of what these guys are doing and I respect that.

p.s. It takes alot more driver skill to handle a stock car around a track than a cart car, because they have no technology to help the driver and catch his mistakes. some people like respect that.

p.p.s. todd if you are looking to get into other kinds of racing (like minor league stock cars) I have a friend with open wheel and stock car seat time who would kill for a shot in a car. P.M. me if you would like to contact him. I know he would love to talk to you.

sorry for the long post and kind of getting off topic so to bring it back....

GOOD LUCK TODD!!!!

DRIFTING RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not trying to say NASCAR is really all that bad or anything. I guess the thing is I utterly hate it (Don't get mad. It's just my personal opinion. I doesn't bother me that people like it.) and I feel it's way too overrated. Every weekend just about there's a NASCAR race on ABC, or whatever, and it's hard to find a time on Speed Channel that they're not covering some NASCAR BS. I mean there's only so much you can talk about. If they're not discussing the drivers, they're just playing previous races on the air. And I do know the drivers have a tough time trying to guide those around the oval tracks at such high speed due to their utter lack of technology. I've never seen any other form of racing more concerned with the technology of their broadcasting equipment than the cars. Those things that track the cars on screen by their heat signature's pretty neat, but it's kind of hard to forget who drives what when they're all driving billboards. I also don't understand why people get so excited over the tracks they drive on. If the tracks they drove on changed a little from time to time it may be exciting. The actual races on road courses are few and far between. They're also among the least popular. And when they're not driving on the conventional 2-turn ovals they have tri-ovals(!). There's not hardly any difference in those other than having 3 turns. I hope they don't get a headache trying to count that high. It's no wonder the world thinks Americans are stupid when our most popular motorsport is NASCAR.
          But, seriously, I wish Discount Tire Co. best of luck with NASCAR. I'm sorry about such a long post and I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I just think it's another one of those stupid redneck sports gone over the top -- like fishing. But that's another story.

Comment

Working...
          X