3D 300zx Model (I need some Help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D 300zx Model (I need some Help)

Ok... I need some help finding a 3D model I can use so I can describe the paint job I want to get on my 300zx. Its a complex job and its very detailed so the guy that is painting my car wants to have a drawing or something that actually shows him what to paint. So I figured... DUH find a 3D model and add some texture mapping... Well much to my demise I can't find a working 300zx model. I have found a couple, but they are either messed up or are not a 1990+ model.

So if anyone can help, please point me in the right direction!!
    Thanks

you mean like a plastic model? or like a 3d picture if your looking for those toy plastic models go to a hobby store and look for a tamiya models of the 300zx

Comment

I'm talking like a 3D model for like 3D Studio Max or gMax or something like that. An actualy data file... though I didnt think about a toy model... that might work too. But then again I'm paying him to do the car because I'm not good at painting cars... lol so that might not be to hot of an idea, but i am good at 3D rendering

Comment

Re: 3D 300zx Model (I need some Help)

A video game might be a decent start.

Originally posted by VertigoEpidemic
        Ok... I need some help finding a 3D model I can use so I can describe the paint job I want to get on my 300zx. Its a complex job and its very detailed so the guy that is painting my car wants to have a drawing or something that actually shows him what to paint. So I figured... DUH find a 3D model and add some texture mapping... Well much to my demise I can't find a working 300zx model. I have found a couple, but they are either messed up or are not a 1990+ model.

So if anyone can help, please point me in the right direction!!
        Thanks

Comment

What game? The only game I've ever seen a Z32 in is Sega GT on XBox... Unfortunatly I can't use that. Tha'd be hella sweet if I could though.

Comment

Do you know if GT3 has it?

What game? The only game I've ever seen a Z32 in is Sega GT on XBox... Unfortunatly I can't use that. Tha'd be hella sweet if I could though.

Comment

well, are you willing to purchase the model, because i know places where you can buy the 3d models you want...

Comment

If my PS2 still worked I'd see if GT3 had it, but to my knowledge it doesnt... GT4 does I think though... but how am I supposed to decrypt the PS2 encoding? lol I said I'm good with rendering not with all tha computer language and stuffs.

Comment

screenshots

If my PS2 still worked I'd see if GT3 had it, but to my knowledge it doesnt... GT4 does I think though... but how am I supposed to decrypt the PS2 encoding? lol I said I'm good with rendering not with all tha computer language and stuffs.

Comment

I do know that someone named "RealEyz" has made a good one, but I can't find him/her anywhere. I've seen some work that RealEyz has done on TwinTurbo.net, but all the posts date back to like '01 and earlier. Anyone happen to know this person?

Comment

I guess screenshots could work, but what I'm really loking for is like an actual 3D model that I can edit. That way I can show more detail and the guy thats doing my car can have a full aspect of the car.

Sorry if I'm being difficult, just when it comes to my Z evrything has to be perfect! I know most of you can understand.

Comment

Well since I can't find one anywhere on the web, I have desided im going to start the porject on my own. If anyone is interested, I'll keep updates of my progress on here.

Comment

Theres a 300zx on this site for use with Vice city.
                          http://gta3.gamigo.de/download.php?do=cat&id=65

I think you can open it with Cinema 4d or 3d studio max but I'm not sure I do know you can open it for sure with zModeler(which is free) and then you can covert it to many different formats from zmodeler. You can get zmodeler here http://www.zmodeler2.com/

Hope this helps

Comment

Haha... and right after mine was finally starting to take shape! Thanks for the help, though the "zModeler" site doesnt seem to be working at the moment... something about searching for a host?

Anyways... heres what I was working on.

The pic is off of my profile on Cardomain.com which I'd love for people to check out!

Comment

Working...
                            X