Fathers Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers Day...

Well, fathers day is coming up, and i wanted to get him something for his car, i just havent been able to find the right product yet. My dad drives a 2000 Jetta TDI (gets great gas miliage ) and hes always wanted the HID (high intensity discharge) headlights for his car. We got out mom a new van that has the lamps on it and my dad loves them.

Ive been doing a lot of searching, and have either found kits that have a buld replacement with there little power supplies. Which i dont want those. And ive also found a place that sells that whole lamp, which thats what i want. But the site never specifically says whether or not they are HIDs and they require a lot of stuff, that are avalialbe on the german models but not the americans, like shock snsors, and all this other stuff. But i lost the link to taht site awhile ago when my computer took a dive.

So i was wondering if you guys could help me find a headlight set that have the HIDs in them for the jetta, id apperciate if you found something or gave me any advice.

Thanks

Hella is the OEM supplier of HIDs for Volkswagen. You could buy the kit from them, but probably not the whole headlight assembly. I'm not sure which color temperature Volkswagen uses, though. Hope that helped some.

Comment

Your going to have to find them in Germany, cause HID kits are now illegal in the US, and Hella doesn't import any "kits"
      Your best bet would be to find out if any VW's came wiht HID's...order the part at your local dealer, and fit it to the car.

Comment

Since when did they become illegal? Stupid politicians. Traffic laws are a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
          Since when did they become illegal? Stupid politicians. Traffic laws are a waste.
          Spring of 2003.All HID's that didn't come stock with the car are illegal in the US.

Comment

Damn. That sucks. I wish more cars on the American market were offered with HIDs. Then maybe people would get used to them. I'm sure they're acting the same way as when halogen bulbs first started replacing incandecents on cars.

Comment

Working...
            X