Skyline Importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
    Texas only requires that the paperwork be done, I'm guessing. You would have to request a new United States title.

As far as I know, California is the only state in the Union to require that an imported car both pass stringent smog tests and crash tests.
    Neither is true.

Environmental Protection Agency is 50 state. California has its own EPA called CARB - California Air Resources Board.

Comment

Did you not read my post? I already covered everything you stated. CARB is not California's EPA. EPA is the federal Environmental Protection Agency. CARB is the California Air Resources Board... Not related to the EPA. They are concerned only with air quality.

Comment

Originally posted by ChokudoriS13
        [B]Among those things are:

1. DOT-approved window glass
        4. 5-mph bumpers
        [B]
        1)Standard glass from Japan is DOT AS1 - AS2 approved. The glass does not need to be replaced.

4) The bumpers meet FMVSS standards.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago .

4) The bumpers meet FMVSS standards. [/B]

Current standards, only because the 5 mph bumper impact standard no longer exists in the US. But, it did exist all through the early and mid 90's, and a car of that vintage must be brought up to code for those standards. Easy example: check out a Japanese AE86 bumper reinforcement (or should I say bracket) and tell me they meet FMVSS standards.

Comment

Originally posted by ChokudoriS13
            . Easy example: check out a Japanese AE86 bumper reinforcement (or should I say bracket) and tell me they meet FMVSS standards.
            I thought we were talking about Skylines...

And by the way - I am not a nobody about importing cars. I used to do all the conversion and compliance work for Motorex. From 1999-2001...

I know what it takes to legalize a vehicle.

Comment

i say. forget importing a skyline. well you can if you got the money. with that 90gs or whatever you can get a g35 and go crazy with what you want to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Limited_Options
                i say. forget importing a skyline. well you can if you got the money. with that 90gs or whatever you can get a g35 and go crazy with what you want to do with it.
                90gs? huh? what?
                Well I am looking at my Car Sensor book that I bought from 7-11 here in Japan and there is a 91 black r 32 gt-r with a roll cage and 17 inch Racing Harts with 140000 Kilometers on it for 7,800 bucks.

Right above it there is a white 1997 GT-r R33 with a NIsmo TUrbine and A carbon hood, sansou intercooler (3 core), nismo throttle body, bronze 17 wheels, and a wing for 20,500 bucks.

Blow it there is a Green sprinter (86)gt apex, with trd body kit, ronshans, it`s an 84 but clean as hell. 5,900 bucks.

just to give you a ball park.

Comment

ah tynda*Censored**Censored**Censored*, what's up again, your buddies in freshalloy banned me for callin you a *Censored**Censored**Censored*got. hahaha. ohwell. i see you are in all these forums tellin everyone that you worked for motorex, then all these kids in here start asskissin you and send pm's all day. hahaha. anyways sean, how much to legalize a bnr32 from motorex or rbmotoring? i forgot the estimates. however i do feel you probably wont answer me.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaHater
                    . i see you are in all these forums tellin everyone that you worked for motorex, then all these kids in here start asskissin you and send pm's all day. hahaha. anyways sean, how much to legalize a bnr32 from motorex or rbmotoring? i forgot the estimates. however i do feel you probably wont answer me.
                    Just trying to set some of the misinformation straight. Most people post nothing but wrong information.

I saw a link off the main page - then started to read it.... about 10 % of the information is right.

As far as R32's go right now . No one is legalizing them. RB Motoring is not legalizing any cars at all. Motorex hasn't done any in quite a while.

Comment

Why hasnt motorex done any recently? legal issues or what?

Comment

that's cool you coming to all these forums and showing them that they are all misinformation. i read almost all your stuff in the forums, i know almost all of it. i coulda saved your time and told em what you said but i see the misinformation all the time, i dont even bother correcting them. it's either you teach em a lesson or they'll just argue it out, and then finally when they search they'll come back here and start posting some more.

to sean/\/\/\

damn i took forever to post it, now somebody got in between, hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          Why hasnt motorex done any recently? legal issues or what?
                          They had some DOT issues. They had some other issues.....

Now it seems they just don't care about legalizing cars anymore.

Comment

Yeap, everything you said is right. In the south though, it is alot easier to get around that stuff. I know, i've seen it done. May not meet federal standards but it is registered and has a tag, so thats legal enough for me and every local cop that runs the beat. Selling it to someone in an emissions city would be a little tough though.

Oh and for Chokudori, EPA is standard countrywide but Cali has it's own "in state" type of EPA, CARB runs in conjunction with federal guidelines. California has the most stringent emissions laws in the country as far as I know. Georgia and some of the other southern states have the least. Trust me, it is VERY easy to get one done down here, a little harder if you have to have a test done but with no emissions test, it's cake.

Also from what I understand, alot of states are going to go statewide emissions testing. I think GA is within 3 years. So that will make it even tougher. Still obtainable but tougher.

Comment

Look at the 2002 Honda Integra Type-R registered and on the road in California.Wanna explain how the hell that was done? If that can be pulled off in the toughest state,any thing can be done anywhere else.

California emissions testing I believe is the most strict in the world...its pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSamurai
                                90gs? huh? what?
                                Well I am looking at my Car Sensor book that I bought from 7-11 here in Japan and there is a 91 black r 32 gt-r with a roll cage and 17 inch Racing Harts with 140000 Kilometers on it for 7,800 bucks.

Right above it there is a white 1997 GT-r R33 with a NIsmo TUrbine and A carbon hood, sansou intercooler (3 core), nismo throttle body, bronze 17 wheels, and a wing for 20,500 bucks.

Blow it there is a Green sprinter (86)gt apex, with trd body kit, ronshans, it`s an 84 but clean as hell. 5,900 bucks.

just to give you a ball park.
                                check the price list at motorex. new r34 gtrs run for that much. still with skylines going that cheap, it would cost some cash to get it legalized and shipped to the us. and with that kind of cash someone has spent on a r23 or a r33 you still can get a new g35.

Comment

Working...
                                X