1967 porsche 912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 porsche 912

Just purchased a 1967 porsche 912, going to be a summer porject car . Anyone have anyideas on mods?

Has the engine been rebuilt recently? I would change all the hoses... and check out the sespenion. I wouldnt think of mods now..I would make sure its gonna last you if you wanna drift it. You don't want to break something everytime you drive it, you know?

Comment

Been talking to some local porsche enthusiast, been thinking of droping a dual carb VW engine. Reason being that an actual porsche engine is way to *Censored* expensive. Yea I know what u mean... been replacing all the old parts, brake lines, rotors etc... Need to make it drivable. Going to be a real nice piece of work once finished. Picked it up for only $1000, body is in great condition. . I'll keep updates on how its coming along.

Comment

Nice find! I would definitely buy a 912 for $1k. It's the SR5 of Porsches...Just drop a nicely built VW motor in there, update the brakes and suspension, and go for it.

912 is better balanced than a 911 anyway with less weight in the back (though, they don't call it "poor balance" with a 911, they just call it "how 911s handle" )

Comment

I'm not a big fan of vw engines, but post some pics of your car.

Comment

please keep the porshce engine please. Some ideas for mods: 1. upgrade the ignition system, The distributor is proably still a points system which wears out(less reliable)2. Change all your bushings to polyuretane or nylatron. 3. A hotter cam will always give a bit more performance You'll need to change your timing though and may even need to use an offset on the timeing gear. 4. I would def take the head off and reseat the valves. And haveing the head off will allow for further inspection.

Good luck with it they're beautiful cars.

Comment

Working...
            X