No announcement yet.

Brazilian "muscle car" - Interesting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazilian "muscle car" - Interesting...

Opala Gran Luxo 1974
    ( Opala is a brazilian car based on the Opel Rekord C Coupé with Impala's 250 L6 engine the the origin of the name too.. OPel + ImPALA = OPALA )

268 Cubic Inch (from a GM 250 L6 original engine) runing with ethanol.
    3 Weber 44 carburetors
    near 418hp without Nitro
    near 540hp with Nitro
    Ceramic clutch Plate
    5 speed
    LSD
    Wheels: Mangels Winner 17" with Toyo Proxes 4 225/45R17
    Leather interior
    Autometer 10" gauge
    2 10" inch subwoofers

Now the pics..

Any opinions ???
    Last edited by kussler; 07-31-2004, 08:48 AM.

I like it.

Comment

i imagine power overs wouldn't take much effort. very clean looking, i give it two thumbs up.

Comment

holy shiet!

I had no idea those ancient Chevy sixes had so much aftermarket potential! Have any more specs on teh engine?

Comment

There's a lot of things in Brazil for the old Chevy 250 engine. In some drag races we have cars runing with an 950 hp twin turbo engine, all that without any NOS.
          In the past this engine was very common in Brazil because of the Opala production and others "special production" cars like Puma GTB and Santa Matilde. In Brazil we also have the Ford Maverick with 302 V8 and Dodge Chargers with Mopar 318 V8 but is not so common to find special performance parts like the 250 from Chevy.
          This one in the photos is a NA engine with a special intake mainfold, Venolia connecting rods and pistons and a Crane's camshaft , but when they put turbos in this engine produces a incredible power for a almost 50 y.o. conception engine and running with carburetors and with 12 valves only. There is a special head designed by Lotus for local Opel's Omega that runs a 250S spec engine (with solid lift cam). In São Paulo there's one of this Omegas with an 250S turbo engine (0.9 bar) restricted to 5k rpm and absolutely street legal with almost 400hp in the engine, all that without NOS.

Comment

looks good. mmmmm........NOS...

Comment

Must be fast but got no handles=p

I wouldn't mind crusing it tho!!
              Looks like a Cali ghetto shmob lol.

Comment

mmm triple webers.

Comment

wow, very nice

Comment

Working...