No announcement yet.

drifting is harmful to the enviroment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting is harmful to the enviroment!

is it?

just wondering.. seeing all the rubber burning up.. smoking.. im sure it pales in comparison to the exhaust of millions of cars world wide and the tires probably get recycled too right?

Re: drifting is harmful to the enviroment!

Originally posted by lagcisco
    is it?

just wondering.. seeing all the rubber burning up.. smoking.. im sure it pales in comparison to the exhaust of millions of cars world wide and the tires probably get recycled too right?
    Don't feed the eviromentalist trolls.Let me throw you some facts

Using a bus for public transportation,they use more fuel per liter than a car.Also,another study shows that bullet trains use more fuek than a jetliner.It's true.

Who cares.At least your country didn't sign to Kyoto.

Comment

Re: Re: drifting is harmful to the enviroment!

Originally posted by Feint
      Don't feed the eviromentalist trolls.Let me throw you some facts

Using a bus for public transportation,they use more fuel per liter than a car.Also,another study shows that bullet trains use more fuek than a jetliner.It's true.

Who cares.At least your country didn't sign to Kyoto.
      Statistic please. Busses also carry a lot more people per unit of fuel.

That lawn fire in my back yard didn't blow a hole in the ozone layer. Millions of cars outweighs three hours of tire smoke.

Comment

Honestly daily driving is bad for the environment, so why wouldn't drifting be.

Is there such a thing as drift carpooling, or driftpooling if you will?

Comment

yeah the bus thing.. and many busses can run on natural gas which is much cleaner...

Is drifting bad for the envrionment. Yes probably, i honestly dont know how bad the rubber being burnt is, probably not great. One thing you can do is like me always run with a catalytic converter, they work too well to be worth the extra horse power or so found by removing them..

Another thing is try to keep the environment clean in other ways. Hey we all enjoy those pretty moutain roads.. so lets keep them clean for us as well as others to enjoy however they see fit.

Being an auto enthusiest doesnt mean you have to hate environmental laws, another thing is we can try to petition for REAL environmental laws wrote with the help of scientist, not just politicans doing what they assume will get them the most votes.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: drifting is harmful to the enviroment!

Originally posted by AREITU
            Statistic please. Busses also carry a lot more people per unit of fuel.

That lawn fire in my back yard didn't blow a hole in the ozone layer. Millions of cars outweighs three hours of tire smoke.

shutup hippy, busses are evil and should be stopped

mods dont worry hes 10feet from me at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by jaydm180sx
              Honestly daily driving is bad for the environment, so why wouldn't drifting be.

Is there such a thing as drift carpooling, or driftpooling if you will?
              If you put in for tires.

Comment

Actually diesel engines are far more advanced than gasoline engines. They have diesel engines that the air thats entering is dirtier than the air thats leaving. Just in case some of you dont know buses and tractor trailors have diesels. Thats pretty amazing that the exhaust air is cleaner than the intake air.

Comment

Drifting is insignificant in the overall scheme of things. Think about a NASCAR race, or an F1 race... those cars probably put out more pollutants than all the drifters at D1 did.

In Europe, the diesels are incredible. Here, we have crappy diesels because of the high-sulfur fuel that they must endure. If we could convert our diesel to low-sulfur, there would be much less pollution from diesel vehicles. (Which, by the way, do not require smog testing.) Volkswagen and, surprisingly, Jeep have the most advanced diesel engines out now in the States. ( Over in Europe I'd have to say every new diesel car is advanced. The characteristic diesel chatter is reduced, the fumes are almost non-existent, and the incredible torque is praiseworthy.)

Comment

hey, i saw this thing on TLC, and you can actually convert any normal combustion engine to runing hydrogen, and the only exhuast they create is water, and the mod to use hydrogen is simple..its anew fuel pump, regulator, injectors, and a little chip in the ecu...plus you would go through a tank of gas like once a month, and hydrogen is cheap too. i kinda like that idea, cause unlike electric motors, using hydrogen doesnt drop hp.

take that environmentalists!~!! but tires smoke could still be a problem....

Comment

I don't think its that simple. Are you sure thats what TLC said and not saying that they are just researching it for the future. If using hydrogen was that simple, all cars would run on it.

Comment

First off, consumption of fuel has nothing to do with how cleanly the engine burns the fuel. My car could run on bio-ethanol, get 3 mpg, produce 500+hp and still be zero emissions. Albeit while eating up hoses, lines, and fuel tanks the whole time.

I like bio-ethanol and bio-diesel more for future energy sources than hydrogen. Eventhough all of the the oil I mean "energy" companies, automanufacturers and governments seem to have their sights set on hydrogen. That is honestly what scares me the most about hydrogen. I don't trust big corporations and I don't trust any of the worlds governments.

Somebody mentioned that you can convert your current engine to hydrogen use. You can, there are several people making kits, but they all seem kind of crappy and there is a significant drop in performance.

There are several small companies selling bio-diesel in this country. It is basically used vegetable oil from restaraunts that has been reformulated for use in diesel engines. This was the original intent for the diesel engine to begin with. Leave it to the oil companies, and automanufacturers to screw that up. Diesel engines really have come a long way. Especially in Europe where good diesel fuel, significant jumps in combustion and turbocharging technology have resulted in diesels with really good and rapidly improving performance. It is rumored that Audi is going to replace their aging R8 prototype with a diesel powered car for either the '05 or '06 ALMS season.

Then you have hydrogen cars (BP just opened the first hydrogen filling station is Singapore last week.) with internal combustion engines and ones with fuel cells. Fuel cells can run on most anything. They probably will be the future of most passenger cars, but I think the sports and racing cars will continue to use the ICEs just running on different more environmentaly friendly fuels (probably hydrogen). If for no other reason than because no fuel cell will ever be ever to capture the noises, and vibrations that make cars with ICEs feel alive. Like a mechanical heart beat.

Comment

I can see it now....

Vegetable-powered racecars!

Comment

Actually hydrogen is more polluting to the enviroment. The process it takes to make hydrogen is more pulluting that the gasoline refining and the burning. Once more cars use hydrogen its going to cost a lot of money becuase there is no infrastructer for it. I think hybrid gas/ electric is the way most cars are going in the near future.

If you are worried about polluting dont use your heat or AC in your house. recycle and dont flush your toilet every time.

I think the enviroment needs a good wiff of tire every once and a while.

Comment

Actually hydrogen is more polluting to the enviroment. The process it takes to make hydrogen is more pulluting that the gasoline refining and the burning. Once more cars use hydrogen its going to cost a lot of money becuase there is no infrastructer for it. I think hybrid gas/ electric is the way most cars are going in the near future.
                              Haha. Nice one.

Comment

Working...
                              X