Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey

ok i messed up my last post so ill try again
    ok this is my first/second post on this site but NOT my first visit, i have been a frequent visiter to this site for almost a year now.
    my name is chris, i live in mn, and im 15(almost 16), now befor you judge me, i have been into drifting for almost 2 years and i have been into cars almost all my life, also i have never drifted...nor will i ever claim to have till i really have, witch will hopfuly come soon because i recently found a 89 240sx for 300$ all it needs is a new battery and head gasket, so i think its a great deal, what do you guys think?

ok now i know alot about cars, but i need some help from you guys, i need a real quick run through on changin a head gasket, prolly makes me sound like a really big newb but...that is what i am so ill live with it, but if someone could give me a hand that would be greatly appreceated

chris

P.S. i am a bad speller so please exscuse any misspellings

Work with me on this one:

New to drifting forum - http://www.drifting.com/forums/forum...php?forumid=64

Tech (ASK QUESTION IN HERE... HINT HINT) - http://www.drifting.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=29

Search button (USE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)-

Bad speller? Heres some help - www.iespell.com
    Last edited by JC; 08-16-2004, 10:12 PM.

Comment

thanks, but im not new to drifting at all i know alot about it, iv never done it but i know alot about it, and i would have put it in tech but i didnt feel like making a whole new thread, and i dont really care about spelling see i know alot of people can be respectful to newbs on here but i also know alot of people can be *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* so ill just wait for the respecful ones to roll around and ask for there help

Comment

HAHAHA,

yup, you do that

Comment

hi, that 240 sounds ok, but if its got a broken head gasket, there could be other problems...im a sound do-it-yourself guy, but i say in a case like that, i would let a shop do it.... keep in mind you could end up with some major problems (coolant/oil leaking into the block, that sort of thing) depending on how long the car was driven with the blown gasket. plus to do that you will need lots of room to spread out parts (like manifolds and the such) and plenty of time to work on it.....so its your call, but thats my advice....

in the event that you do choose to do it yourself, all you will do is take off both the intake and exhaust manifolds, pull off the valve cover and remove the cams. unbolt the head studs and pull off the head. scrape off all particles of the old gasket and place on the new one....reassemble everything they way it was, and run the timing. Note: it is recomended that you replace the head studs when you do this, because most of the time the factory ones are one use studs, meaning they can only be torqued once....so there you have it, changing a head gasket in a nutshell.

Comment

thanx alot silver thats what i thought it was but i just wanted to make sure i was right

Comment

Originally posted by One Drift
              HAHAHA,

yup, you do that

I'll sit and wait too

Comment

Originally posted by 240LoVeR
                thanx alot silver thats what i thought it was but i just wanted to make sure i was right
                no problem....

Comment

Working...
                X