Cop & us drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop & us drifters

If you car slides out unintentionally and you want to learn how to bring you car back to being straight, Then how are you going to learn that without the cops targeting you. Knowing how to drive is one thing, Controlling it is another, Yes one of the other member's on this site said cars are a use of transportation as seen from the cops point of view. I drive my car with passion,
    So should you.

BTW: If you see a whole bunch of guys/girls in
    a parking lot with modified cars We are NOT gangs, Gangs carry illegal weapons. We are just ordinary people with a passion/hobby and whats wrong with meeting up in an empty parking lot & just talking, nothing, Theyr'e just scared cos the one that cant accept us shall leave us alone. Wer'e not doing any harm , Time to wake the hell up peoples.
    Last edited by ; 10-02-2004, 11:07 PM.

i second that....drifting teaches you so much better car control, so that when you loose control in the snow or something you know how to get it back, soforth avoiding an accident

Comment

i hate the pigs!!! they gave me a 8 point ticket punk motha suckas. fuk thouse dount punks. and leave us drifters alone

Comment

If you're doing it in a parking lot, I don't see the problem. If you're doing it on a mountain road, then I can see the problem. If you're doing it on a mountain road with lookouts making sure there's no traffic, then I don't see a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
          If you're doing it in a parking lot, I don't see the problem. If you're doing it on a mountain road, then I can see the problem. If you're doing it on a mountain road with lookouts making sure there's no traffic, then I don't see a problem.
          Well its reckless 8point ticket in a empty parking lot.

Comment

To gridracetech

Drifting in a parking lot i see absolutely no problem with that,
            Cos your in a controlled enviroment, Not as if your going to hit 200 mph. If the pigs are gonna target us and expect us to MR MATURITY behind the wheel, they can forget it, Parking lot drifting is where i started ( Drifting will never die, And die it shall not ).

Comment

Speaking of that, I found a sweet parking lot nearby. Of course, I would never drift in it. Ever.

Comment

hmmm another cop vs drifter thread.... Ive done a coupla these Im not gonna tell ya whats right and wrong , but i will tell ya why cops mess with you for "learning how to control a slide"

Heres what cops see.... some guy slidding his car... they dont know you. They dont know whether or not your the drift king. I mean you may be able to control a 60 mph drift, and your an experienced driver, but do they know that? All they see if high speed and reckless driving. They dont know you from the neighborhood ricer.

The solution.... drift parks, or get permission to use a parking lot. somthing like that. I mean cmon if everyone went and learned how to control slides on public roads..... it would get nasty.
                See places like drift parks, its controled. I mean they at least have some safety measures. A parking lot... hey at least no oncoming traffic, open area... Yknow smart.

Im all for everyone learning, but ya dont want to learn by wrapping your car around a telephone pole.

Comment

punk motha suckas.... fuk dem pigs.... punks.... wow.... yeah gotta love it when people dont think before they post.

Oh and in case your new to the forum. Im a police officer who just got activated for deployment to iraq. Oh yeah... and im a drifter.

Comment

to has no tyres left

Look im/were not fully against the police we would like for the police to be a bit more lenient, You know i mean yeah ive done some stupid things, we all have, But you cant just see a nice done up import & pull him over, ok the police are doing there job,

But the way i see it is, If i cant import a Japanese car cos there
                    so powerful, why is it that Alf Barbagallo's in osborne park
                    imports lamborghinis/ ferraris/porsches. They are 20 times
                    more powerful than a skyline, or a silvia for that matter.

So as you can see im only being reasonable, Im not being rude.
                    Im just standing up for all the fellow/female drifters.
                    Last edited by ; 09-11-2004, 05:38 AM.

Comment

im sympathetic for Dorifto FC cause i know how the cops can be around here....i was drifting a parking lot of an abandoned office building in a remote location a while back, there were two us out there, and we stopped to let the cars cool down, but then 2 cops showed up, and 1 straight out said that he wanted to arrest us for being on other peoples property...they were called there cause of the smoke, and tried to get us for tresspassing cause they came all the way out and we were just standing around talking....i dunno, the cops here are pricks sometimes, like on saturda nights they will come kick kids out of places (specially if they have japanese cars) if they are standing by their cars and talking....i even saw them roll up in an undercover car at a gas station a dn flip the lights on because people were parked there talking (this was behind the gas station mind you). i think it gets rediculous sometimes because they know they have to catch in the act to bust you (i.e. street racing) and if you arent doing anything, they look for other ways to get you, seemingly out of spite. im just saying thats the way things go down here, and i think profiling young people with modded cars is wrong.

Comment

Re: to has no tyres left

Originally posted by ausdrifter
                        Look im/were not fully against the police we would like for the police to be a bit more lenient, You know i mean yeah ive done some stupid things, we all have, But you cant just see a nice done up import & pull him over, ok the police are doing there job,

But the way i see it is, If i cant import a Japanese car cos there
                        so powerful, why is it that Alf Barbagallo's in osborne park
                        imports lamborghinis/ ferraris/porsches. They are 20 times
                        more powerful than a skyline, or a silvia for that matter.

So as you can see im only being reasonable, Im not being rude.
                        Im just standing up for all the fellow/female drifters.

Anyway why you going to iraq, Reply back to me ok.
                        Power has nothing to do with it. Some of the highest horsepower numbers i've seen are from american cars. it's legality. Cars intended for the US market have different safety features then ones made for Japan or Europe. That, and the steering wheels are sorta on the wrong side compared to everyone else.

Comment

you guys must not pick your spots very well... i've never ever had a problem with police when out drifting either on my favorite twisties or empty lots, and that's in a fairly heavily patrolled city. i think the problem a lot of people have is just trying anywhere anytime, instead of scoping a place out for a while beforehand. another big problem is using the same spots over and over. goes a long way for keeping attention down.

Comment

Originally posted by HasNoTiresLeft
                            punk motha suckas.... fuk dem pigs.... punks.... wow.... yeah gotta love it when people dont think before they post.
                            don't you know it? i love how people *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and moan about police all the time when it's their own fault they're getting busted.

"god damn cops, putting me in jail for homicide! damn kids should'nt play in the street when i'm doing 120mph through a neighborhood at the end of a school day!".

Comment

I used to be known as AUSDRIFTER.

Im all for everyone learning, but ya dont want to learn by wrapping your car around a telephone pole.

I copied & pasted this from (HASNOTYRESLEFT.)
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok his right in 1 respect, But if its raining and ya ride slides out,
                              what are you going to do, It doesn't come down to the driver,
                              What about the oil on our roads mixed with water/rain. It
                              all equals 1 hell of a driving cocktail.

I may have said this before, But iv'e had some situations
                              where i never put power down but the rear slides out cos
                              of the cars natural weight.

Driver & full tank of fuel included

Comment

Working...
                              X