jdm trunk lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdm trunk lock

this doesn't have anything to do with drifting but im really lost. can anyone tell me how to install a jdm trunk lock. i have the complete lock with the cylinder. any advice would be greatly appreciated. oh and this is for the s13 coupe...

A jdm lock is different from a USDM one?

You could install a drift-spec trunk lock, but make sure it's a 100-lb test ziptie.

Comment

Yeah, MR... didn't you know? The JDM trunk lock is Silvia-tastic!

s13homer- I would think you'd remove the rear trunk trim and remove the lock assembly. Then switch it. It really shouldn't be that difficult. If I can remove and replace a transmission without the shop manual, you should be able to replace a lock without a manual.

Comment

yea i'm guessin the bolts and everything should go right together...very nice touch might add...somethin i don't think alot of people would think about when adding new and different jdm parts onto their cars...the trunk lock...SWEET...

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
          You could install a drift-spec trunk lock, but make sure it's a 100-lb test ziptie.
          this is kinda not on this exact topic...but any idea where to get those GT type trucnk latches? the ones that look kinda like hood pins, just are like a little fold over latch thingy?

Comment

i mentioned jdm trunk lock because its the trunk lock with the silvia emblem that flips up. i have no idea how to install and i cant find a way to do it. the cylinder itself is whats hard to remove. thanks anyway for the help.
            Last edited by s13homer; 09-10-2004, 11:46 PM.

Comment

hum...... why not buy the trunk that came with the lock itself?

Comment

Don't you find it a little silly to have a K trunk lock on a 240? It's obviously not a K to begin with.That's the Nissan equivalent of sticking a Type-R badge on a Civic DX.

Comment

unless its a turbo ka or sr...then it would be fine. like i dont see a problem putting a ITR badge on a DC2 GS with a Type R motor in it....

Comment

i dont really care about what you think . if you think its " ricey" then whatever. and just for the record its a turbo ka and its from a silvia q's its not the oval shaped one. its just a nice looking piece, looks better then stock.

Comment

thats tight, a turbo ka...and as long as you like the way it looks, then thats all that matters

Comment

Working...
                      X