Dang Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang Police

Well story goes, after dinner I meet up with some fellow 240sx people (3) this night behind a Lowes. Alley is long enough and wide enough to practice some gymkana techniques and low speed narrow-to-wide angle drifts at the corner. Somehow I knew I had a bad feeling so instead of practicing, I waited next to the church to see if any cop's had their sirens lit from down the road or a group of them were pulling into the front parking lot. Waiting in the dark I start to get paranoid especially around that area because of the dumb and stupidness of ricers "drag" racing up and down the main road. Well after hearing some helicopter pass by I get even paranoid, call one of the guys to ask when they want to leave. Supposedly they stopped, and were talking, so I drive back there and converse a little more. Getting more and more paranoid I swore I had saw a blue light flash from behind us in the trees. Everyone's just telling me I'm getting too paranoid and to chill. Well, even though I am, I suggest it would still be better to roll over to one of the guys apt since its down the road since it's not good just talk in the back especially since all the lights were turned off.

As soon as we go roll off to the right corner exit, I see headlights coming up from the left. DAM, I knew thats not a good sign. I slowly let the car roll forward and the car speeds up almost rear ending me, blares the sirens while another patrol car almost's rams the first car leading out. I know we were wrong but, c'mon if we wanted to avoid them we would have gone faster then 10mph. Anyway we know our rights, but they still going over the routine bs, checking DL, insurance, looking at each of the cars. Since the owner of the business was not there they can't press charges , so no jail time. But possible ticket(s). Well they start telling each driver to get out the car, triple team interrogation as the go down the cars. I dont know what the others said but I kept my story as straight as I could with a professional manner. Basically "We were here to scout out the back lot to review it and if possible request a meeting with the owner if we could rent it legally and practice/drifting legally." then the rookie cop ask's if I know how much trouble I am. With a calm tone I said yes. Then he asks, "well if I was you I would tell the truth and tell me which cars were drag racing. It could lessen your punishment" Puzzled, I just told him no one was drag racing. (there's no burnout marks parrallel to each other anyway) And told him I was to the side taking notes (college stuff in the passenger seat), I heard some tire squeal but couldn't say who was doing what. Which they wanted us to point the finger on each other and mess up all our stories, didn't work.

Well the chunky cop then gather all of us around, gives us some b.s. like that lowe was robbed at night, asked us if we met up were all these honda's met up, basically being an *Censored**Censored**Censored*. While all of us still being calm, the chunky cop asks the other cops what they should do with us. First one, "how bout lock them up for the night, I'm tired of this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*" (of what? drag racing? which we weren't, lol check the tire marks, straigts are for sissys who can't corner) The rookie cop's just says he doesn't know. So chunky cop then says "watch closely I'm going to make four cars dissapear in 3 mins" at first I thought he was going to impound our cars or some crap, be he gives us our DL's back and told us to scram.

Well, hopefully after the meeting with Ghost of Duluth from Drifting.com before Nopi, we can eventually rent out a legal venue such as the football field length skid pad for us to practice. Besides I really want to work on my brake foot work to know my car's braking limitation. Gymkana anyone?

damn cops always trying to scare people......good thing they didnt try 2 impound ur cars for drag racing(even tho u werent)

Comment

Good job staying cool. Cops (atleast in my area) don't take pleasure in writing tickets. As long as you stay calm and act prefessionally, the only thing they will do is rough you up a bit and let you go.

I would like to see a place that would set aside a road or two like every other weekend or so for us to practice on. Personally I'd rather do it legally, but there are no tracks around my place and not many people know what "drifting" is. I (illegally) am limited to a road with two 90° turns pretty close to each other and a short, but nice, S turn that I practicing on. Thats about the only turns in the whole city. (Keep in mind I live in a VERY small town... St. Marys, GA... most of you have probably never even heard of it.)

I wouldn't mind driving a couple hours to meet with some people and practice or even just goof off, legally. Plus my sis lives on the outskirts of Rome, so I could crash at her place for the weekend. I don't personally like to do things illegally. I respect the law, but there are no tracks around my area. I'm working on trying to get the local Wal-mart to set aside a bit of parking lot for me to set up some cones and stuff to practice on, but with only me and one other person wanting to do this, chances of this are slim to none.

-Cheers everyone!

Comment

This is number 2 for me fellas, but they will not break my stride nor desire.

Comment

Well Vertigo we do often visit a mountain up in northern Ga, sometimes on a weekly basis. If you would like to join us on our touge runs, feel free to PM for more info. Later next month, the day before Nopi Nationals (cough mass rice meet cough) at Andrettie Speed Lab (spelling) Ghost of Duluth is holding for us to maybe hold a legal venue where we could practice at. Definitly search Ghost's post and check it out. Especially since you are in GA, I would still try to make it, you might meet up more people wanting to drift and/or get better at it and join to do more activities.

Comment

im down for sum gymkana

Comment

Sorry that happened. I would also rather do things legally, and I don't hate cops for doing their job, but it really does bug me when they get power-crazed and macho. And when they try to get you to lie and snitch on friends. "Do you know how much trouble you are in?" must be the oldest cop line in the book.

Once again, I have no problem with cops just doing their jobs.

Comment

i'd never point fingers at my friends, NEVER. Basically i'd tell them what we are doing there, But thats it.

Comment

Working...
                X