Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln LS

no one seems to have drifted one yet...

with near 50/50 weight distribution, independant suspension, a powerfull v8 and even better duratec v6 (the duratec loves to rev and responds well to boost) and ths LS even looks decent. One day it will be done... the "saloon" drift car is pretty popular

tehe i said saloon

is the ls RWD? im pretty damn sure it only comes auto or sport shift too which shouldnt help

Comment

I agree. The LS is a "Chaser-esque" kind of car, and with that V8, I see potential. Just need a manual tranny to get that thing really dialed (maybe loose a couple hundred pounds too).

Comment

You only get the stick with the V-6. Bummer. Maybe a T-56 out of a Cobra will fit the V-8. Think sledge hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Appleseed
          You only get the stick with the V-6. Bummer. Maybe a T-56 out of a Cobra will fit the V-8. Think sledge hammer.
          the v6 is actually pretty good. That Noble car has a turboed duratec v6.... one of the many reasons i see the LS as a car with a lot of potential.

Comment

The LS has good chassis dynamics, but so far the biggest hurdle is the engine compartment. It it packed so tightly that many modifications, aside from a supercharger are out of the question. I believe it's a Jag S-type, and a Jag motor under the skin though. I've read that the Jag has better suspension componets, so you could swap those presumably, but for the motor you're limited to 300-400hp probably due to the size of the engine bay. Also it has TC, I dunno if you can turn it off in this car, and no manual transmission. I don't know if this car has a limited slip aftermarket or factory available. Basically to get this car to drift would require some custom parts and a little R&D, plus it's a 30k car. So unless you have alot of money to get a custom LSD made, maual tranny retrofit, and blower install, plus 30k+ for the car, it's out of the question.

At this point in time it appears that it's rival, the Caddy CTS has more of an aftermarket going due to the agressive sports sedan marketing campaign GM is doing with it's CTS-V World Challenge cars.

But the main thing is alot of people buy these cars for status symbols and don't want to wreck them drifitng. Here the IS300 is considered a luxury sports sedan, like a bimmer, as opposed to in Japan where it's considered an economical sports car. That's why you see more Altezza's drifting in Japan than IS300's drifting in the states.

Comment

Working...
            X