ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think Best Motoring video races are rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think Best Motoring video races are rigged?

I've been buying a lot of Best Motoring dvds cuz they're simply the best videos out there for cars.

But I was thinking, in all the races, the feature car of the video is the one that always wins the main race. All the drivers are phenomenial, but you ever think they're rigged or edited so that the feature car always wins? I know they'll do some stuff like put the best driver in the main car and stuff like that. Food for thought I guess

who knows....but did you see the BM race at Tsukuba with the Z33, M3, S2k, Boxter, and then for sh!ts and giggles they put an R34 GT-R out there...it was so awsome, the Z was smoking everyone, until the R34 driver decided to actually drive. he pickled up like 12 seconds on the Z33 in one lap...it was great. and the German trash Boxter was 9 sec behind the S2k after lap one...

Comment

Sounds sort of rigged right there.^^^

Comment

almost, cept the M3 took second place. the driver of the porsche just said it had no low end torque, so on a smaller track like that it was a little disadvantaged. when the R34 passed the Z, it was on the front straight, right out of the last corner. the Z was flying out, and then you hear this turbine start singing and the the GT-R goes flying past. its great!

Comment

I have the latest dvd with the Lamborghinis, and the older Kurosawa driving the NSX. He was jumping full speed into turns, a lot of hard driving. You think he would win but at the last minute he had to back off due to overheated oil. He was driving pretty hard and I can imagine the oil getting heated up, but it just seem suspcious

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
            who knows....but did you see the BM race at Tsukuba with the Z33, M3, S2k, Boxter, and then for sh!ts and giggles they put an R34 GT-R out there...it was so awsome, the Z was smoking everyone, until the R34 driver decided to actually drive. he pickled up like 12 seconds on the Z33 in one lap...it was great. and the German trash Boxter was 9 sec behind the S2k after lap one...
            which issue is that?

Comment

i dont know....my friend has it on his comp...perhaps he knows, i will ask him and get back to you guys

Comment

The GTR was put in the race as a camera car. The reason he never passed the Z was because he was supposed to be filming it. He just got tired of following it and pulled right past it. Not rigged, but it is annoying that sometimes they "hold off" like in the same race with Tsuchiya in the M3 he said something like "Ill watch from here for now." And by the time he really started charging halfway through the race, the Z was too far ahead to catch. But if you look at the lap times at the end it was 1. M3 2. S2000 3. 350Z 4. Boxster
                Last edited by MarshallMX5; 09-11-2004, 01:45 PM.

Comment

What about the Rotary Reborn video? The RX-8 didn't win the race.

Comment

Yeah, sam as in the M3 as the featred car - it won in only one race, in two other it was sixth out of 7 or so cars... Well, in the 350Z Tsukuba Battle (it's somewhere at Racing Flix - www.racingflix.com - tons of great movies) it wasn't quite fair, as on the first three laps the Takuya driven GTR blocked the S2k for a fairly long time and didn't let it pass the Z. And the M3 layed back for those three laps, and pushed the pedal to the metal on the last two laps. The M3 had the overall best time, then was the S2k which would have a much better time if it would be better on the last straight which is relatively long... The Z was 1st, despite the fact that it only had the 3rd time, but still it wasn't even a second between those three. The Boxster stayed in the back of the pack and couldn't keep up because it lacked a lot of power (220 flywheel HP vs. the lighter S2k's 240, Z's 280 and M3 343?!). I think they should give a 911 instead, or at least the 260HP Boxster S.

Comment

I just wanted to put the question out there and see what you guys thought. No doubt in my mind the drivers are dead serious with skill, but sometimes things just don't fully make sense in some of the races. The video that featured the the Evo's, all the light weight RS models and even the STi Spec C ended up in the back while their heavier counterparts took the 1st and 2nd spot. One driver did complain about tires not matching one of the RS's. Maybe it was an experiment, who knows. Still good stuff though

Comment

Working...
                      X