Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most riced out magazine ever?

is import tuner magazine really one?

in some ways i think it is but i also think the term "riced" is kind of lost it's meaning........what does "riced" really mean now? cars with stickers and bad bodykits and big a$$ wings????

Comment

like illegal aftermarket pasrt kits..engines..body kits..etc.the ones you said.

Comment

Illegal aftermarket parts???

Anyway, I would say Super Street

Comment

super street is okay lol

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
            in some ways i think it is but i also think the term "riced" is kind of lost it's meaning........what does "riced" really mean now? cars with stickers and bad bodykits and big a$$ wings????
            thats true. all of the cars in the JGTC, D1, and Formula D are given points on presentation so they resort to oversized spoilers and outrageously gorgeuos body kits/decals/etc... presentation is important in a professional competition advertised to the masses. personally, id define rice as a car designed trying to look fast when its really not or trying to look like something its really not.

Comment

rice is like when the person is concerned looking fast than going fast itself (speed). so i don't really think D1 or JGTC is really rice, more like pro.

Comment

i would say Import Tuner is the worst import mag out there. personally i love super street, ive been a subscriber for 2 years now...i think super street is the bes rag from primedia because they have the most J-spec feature cars. like 90% of their features are from japan, and they cover damn near every single D1 round.

as for rice, i define a ricer as someone who does crap to their car that they have no idea why you do it. like when someone puts a silencer on a muffler so that it passes emissions, but the real reason is so that you can have back pressure so your motor gets torque (only really applies to n/a cars). or when people put turbo kits on their cars just so they can have a BOV...thats what makes a ricer, not how thier car looks. but thats just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
                  as for rice, i define a ricer as someone who does crap to their car that they have no idea why you do it.
                  that to me is the prefect definition of rice,plain and simple.... Ripper's right too.

we should have a thread explaining rice or something

and super street cool i just don't buy them.....no money

Comment

I swear when the topic of the worst import magazine comes up, ya'll always forget which one is most "riced out". By far it's Performance Auto and Sound. the cars in that are horrible ricey, but yea i'm only using the term rice because it was already in the thread. I really don't like saying it because like ya'll already said, it's lost it's meaning. Personally i consider rice when people just focus on the looks of their car. I saw it put like this one time

R- Race
                    I- Inspired
                    C- Cosmetic
                    E- Enhancements

I think people that do stuff to their car even when they don't know why they do it is just stupid, they are followers and band wagoners. Like when EVERYONE wanted to put a SR in their 240 because all the cool ones had them and they had them in japan. Ricers know why they do things to their cars, because they think it looks pimp tight yo.

Oh well, just my opion, sry about the long post

- peace

Comment

you aint seen nothing yet, one you see a megazine in sydney called hot 4s, you will know what a riced megazine is.

Comment

Any magazine that talks more about the paint and bodykit then what the real deal is under the hood, or what ever lame *Censored**Censored**Censored* jokes they can fit in. Cant go fast on burnt orange pearl.

Comment

oh, i totally forgot about B-Scene. that mag is awful! everything was like neon and altezza tails...like how aobut a civic with an s15 front face, and the rear end was molded and fitted with tails from a Benz C230 Kompressor. or a civic hatch that could be in no way ever driven on the street because the radiator was bloked by 5 batteries to power the sound system.....thats the kind of stuff that gives us sane import tuners a bad wrap....at least thats what i think

Comment

*sorry about the double post*

Originally posted by 180maniac
                            . I saw it put like this one time

R- Race
                            I- Inspired
                            C- Cosmetic
                            E- Enhancements

I think people that do stuff to their car even when they don't know why they do it is just stupid, they are followers and band wagoners. Like when EVERYONE wanted to put a SR in their 240 because all the cool ones had them and they had them in japan. Ricers know why they do things to their cars, because they think it looks pimp tight yo.

Oh well, just my opion, sry about the long post

- peace
                            first off, that acronym is sweet, and so true. second, i hear what you are saying about the sr, or just 240's in general. like when everyone thought you needed an sr so that you would have some power so you can drift...thats a load. only reason why im putting an sr in my car is because ive been through 2 ka24's and felt like a change. also, before i drifted too hardcore, i used to "street race" (i.o.w. showing 15 yr old kids that their riced integra is slow) i used to be the only guy in town peeling a modded RS13...shortly after i stopped doing that crap (realized its immature to endanger innocent peeps lives, and drifting is way more anyways) i noticed that alot more modded 240's were showing up on friday nights, but i think the drift craze solved that for me, cause the started disappearing after Drift Showoff, so im thinking they either crashed trying to drift, or said "F_-_ that sheeit, its way too hard", cause they are almost all gone, so i will once again be fairly original. sory thhis was so long, just had to coment on the 240 scene here...lol

Comment

so i guess super street is good??

Comment

Working...
                              X