Pics of my new wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my new wheels

I just got my new meshies 16x7.5 +14/16x8.5 +14 just wanted to let everyone check them out and let me know what they thought some like mesh wheels on an s14 I am one them obviously and some dont thats cool its my style and I cant wait to get my coilovers and put some 205/50/16's instead of the 55 series thats on there now. It will def. look a lot better but for now they are functional and they def. change the look of the car.

http://community.webshots.com/user/brainfoo

Now those are some dope wheels. RM's? It's going to be killer with suspension.

The car looks great (and you won't often hear me say that about a 240sx)....

...other than that hideous exhaust. It's killing the car. Such dope wheels on a super clean car and a useless can on the back. What a total bummer. Factory exhaust looks about 25 times better than that thing.

You need something like this Magnaflow on there:

If you really love it, sorry and all...but it's a bad scene.

Comment

I agree on the exhaust I hate it, plus all the packing is burnt out so its loud as hell I am picking up stock exhaust this week so it will be gone and then I will wait till I swap to do anything with the exhaust. thanks for the kind words I got ripped up on zilvia.net from some people that dont think meshies should be on an s14 so its nice to see someone besides me likes them
      Last edited by brainfood; 09-29-2004, 09:38 AM.

Comment

i think those rims so tight on that car. the are awsome cause they actually fill those huge a$$ wheel wells. i have a friend that has kouki s14 and like 17's on it, but they arent wide enough to fill the wells, and it looks pretty tacky. but your meshies definatly looks sweet.

that magnaflow exhaust looks similar to my HKS sports type. its a wide ovel miffler with two like 2" tips coming out. its not flashy, doesnt sound high pitched or anything like that, just roars. i love it.

Comment

Niiiiiiiiice way to represent the old school cool with them deep dish mesh wheels. Those look good on old Startlets, great on your S14. Well, I agree with the exaust thing, because a can sticking out 5 inches has got to look silly. But other than that uber super cool car.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
            I agree on the exhaust I hate it, plus all the packing is burnt out so its loud as hell I am picking up stock exhaust this week so it will be gone and then I will wait till I swap to do anything with the exhaust. thanks for the kind words I got ripped up on zilvia.net from some people that dont think meshies should be on an s14 so its nice to see someone besides me likes them
            Well, zilvia is well known to be full of schlong-chaffers. The fact that they are not down with the BBS only shows they got no taste.

Not that this site is the pinnacle of taste and knowledge, but I just hang around here for entertainment hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
              Not that this site is the pinnacle of taste and knowledge, but I just hang around here for entertainment hehehe.
              i think thats the way most of the members on this site treat it..i know i do now. i remember a time when this place actually had people that would give solid info, not just flame each other up a wall...but since thats what this has turned into, i guess its just for fun now...

Comment

wow some uber ignorant statements have been posted so far....all i gotta say is nice wheels forget the exhaust and magnaflow = sux :-D thats my ignorant statement... id say maybe get some suspension work and lower the car a bit. outside of that looking nice!

Comment

At what point does magnaflow suck? Performance wise there could be better options (I'm not a 240 expert) but every car I have ever heard with magnaflow on it has sounded like the devil and they have a nice clean simple look. They make some cans too but screw that. Their fitment and quality is overall pretty decent from what I have seen.

Comment

Thanks, I will be buying kei office xr's in the next couple of months and then a kaaz or nismo 2way diff not sure what I want to go with yet kaaz or nismo, if anyone has any opinions let me know. And then I will drift on that setup till I outgrow the motor and then swap it. that way I can do little things like tension rods and rear upper arms and such while I am saving up for the swap in the next year and the platform now with the coilovers should be pretty fun. I wanted the 16"s because the ka doesnt have enough power in my opinion to spin the 17"s. I think I am going to polish the lip and powder coat the centers gloss black also I think that will look a lot better. thx again for the kind words I love how old school the car looks now. Reminds me of my old 510 now

Comment

Excellent wheels! I love the old school look. Are those SSR Formula Mesh by the way???

Comment

bbs rm's I am polishing the lips and getting the centers repainted got one done already it looks 100 times better. Just put in my coilovers and 205/50/16 and 225/45/16's on and the car just looks so much better! I will snap some shots and put them up soon.

Comment

brainfood, I saw your wheels on zilvia and didn't comment, but I'll comment here.

I love 'em. Screw the few zilvia guys who are only interested in bling and size. We all know that those wheels are sweet, though... and that's all that matters. Nice offsets too.

Re: the exhaust... put another canister-style catback on there if need be. Since you're a zilvia member, you know which are good and which aren't. You also know that 3" piping means huge gains but also huge sound. Eh, your choice...

Comment

They're nice! look just as good as they do on cordias 0.0 really suits!
                            ooh btw kitties cuties too

Comment

I love 'em. Screw the few zilvia guys who are only interested in bling and size. We all know that those wheels are sweet, though... and that's all that matters. Nice offsets too.
                              Thanks I love them, I couldnt believe how good the one that I refinished looks I will be doing the rest soon. Any of the people that said the mesh doesnt look good on a s14 should see it now. I can get it a lot lower with the 16"s instead of 17"s but I will probably eventually get a set of 17"s just lots of $$$ for the set I want.
                              The exhaust is basically gone I have a stock catback sitting in my garage just need to swap it. But I am reluctant to give up the power of that ugly exhaust. I cant afford an aftermarket setup right now since I just spent $2500 on suspension and another $500 soon on chasis bracing and a misc. $300 or so on 300zx brakes and stuff. everything is soooo damn expensive btw anyone know anyone that wants to sell an n1 dual I am there

ooh btw kitties cuties too
                              Thanks we just got them, one is 4 mo. and the other 7mo. they are lots of fun
                              Last edited by brainfood; 10-21-2004, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X