Gran Turismo 4 must look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 4 must look

here's the offical cover for gran turismo 4 and the release date is december 14, 2004 or later, i don't know what the car is but, it's nice )
    Attached Files

it think its a ford GT

Comment

Originally posted by shinkyo
      it think its a ford GT
      Yeah Ford GT... aka "We ripped off the design of the original GT40 because J. Mays has no real imagination." Still a cool car, but i LOVE the way teh GT40 looks. I only "KINDA" like the GT's design. All they did were add new, modern surfacing and lighting to an old, nostalgtic, classic design. Biters.

Comment

Actually, the point was to resurrect a street version of the Le Mans car that A.J. Foyt and Gurney drove when they won. They did the retouching to make it comfortable for people to sit in it. If you think they are just ripping the old design, you are correct, thats why its called the GT, hence GT40. They actually did a lot more than retouching. Their point was to take on the Ferrari 360 Modena(since Henry Ford's dream to buy Ferrari was shattered). The frame and everything else has been rebuilt to take on the new Ferraris.

Comment

Originally posted by drft240
          (since Henry Ford's dream to buy Ferrari was shattered)
          Hehe you make it sound like a tragedy.

Why don't they release GT4 on the PC!!!!??? The PC really has more of a racing sim fanbase than consoles and anything the PS2 can handle most any PC can run with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by drft240
            Actually, the point was to resurrect a street version of the Le Mans car that A.J. Foyt and Gurney drove when they won. They did the retouching to make it comfortable for people to sit in it. If you think they are just ripping the old design, you are correct, thats why its called the GT, hence GT40. They actually did a lot more than retouching. Their point was to take on the Ferrari 360 Modena(since Henry Ford's dream to buy Ferrari was shattered). The frame and everything else has been rebuilt to take on the new Ferraris.
            Yes, but I also go to Art Center studying car design, and I will tell you want, from a design perspective, it is just a ripoff of the old design. They are plying the old "well we used to have a cool car so lets make the same thing" card. And their "retro-futurism" style, led by J. Mays (Art Center grad, btw) can almost work in this case. This Niche market model will boost Ford's Image and give people a sense of nostalgia from way back when they produced a winning Le Mans car. However, their Retro theme that is being applied to the Mustang won't work. Sure, it may look good this model generation, but what happens then? Can you go froma supre retro design to a modern one? Hmmm. Does the Mustang (Ford's most well known model ever) now get canned? Or do you keep ripping off old designs. SO you rip of the 65-67 for this model, next generation you rip of the 70's designs? See what i mean?

I much prefer Chris Bangle's new BMWs (Also an Art Center grad, btw). Wehn you look at a new BMW, you KNOW its a BMW. You KNOW that while some buyers may purchase them as status symbols, their mechanics and engineering is to be "the ultimate driving machine". Their performance has not dwindled, and finally their styling matches the attidude of the car. The Z4 is one of my favorite cars. POSSIBLY of all time even. But to be fair, I have a HUGE list of all-time favorites...

In conclusion, do you think Ferrari would change the next 575 Maranello to be a nostalgic representation of the historic 250 GTO? I mean they already have the same basic proporsions and a FR layout with V12. And the Maranello (and its future replacement) evoke the feeling of the GTO sometimes, but they don't COPY the old design and "update" it slightly. Ford couldn't do the same thing? Obviously not.

Comment

While the BMW Z4, 3 series and 7 series are alright, the 5 series makes me want to vomit and sh!t myself everytime I drive by one. It taints the necter brought on by the new lineup, and I would be embarassed to be seen in one. So much for my favorite mafia car (Black BMW 5 Series with Chrome 19s, tinted windows, smoked tail lights and a bada$$ motor). O well.

Comment

Wow, i couldn't agree less. IMO the Z4, 5, 6 are beatiful, the subtleties found only on those cars put the calibre and level of detail on competitor's cars to shame. The 3 is alright, but it was designed before the new flame surfacing took precident. The 7, being the first "new" styling attempt, but without the dynamic flame surfacing fails. Not because of shapes or anything, it all has to do with proportion. The proporsion of the headlights are not good, the front end is way too flat, the plan view needs to be curved a lot more, little tweaks on stuff like that, plus some dynamic surface plane interaction would go a long way to making the 7 looks a lot better. The Z4 was really the first production car with the current design theme and it paved the way for the rest of its lineup. The new 3 will be very very good, trust me (I have a teacher who works at Design Works, has worked on all the new BMW styling, and assures us (without giving classified info out to his students) that the new 3 will be no let down.

Like I said, BMWs exteriors finally match the feel and dynamics of their engineering.

Comment

cant wait for the game, but ti sucks that there isnt going to be any online in this version, we will have to wait for another gt game to be released later in 2005 for onlint play

Comment

I don't know...I think I want to throw daggers at Bangle. I don't really like his new cars. They're too...melted.

I liked the e30's and e36's, and the corresponding 5 series of those generations more then the new stuff. I also like the older stuff as well. The new cars just don't do it for me.

Comment

I DUnno, Parry, those generations did look good, but after being copied a lot by most other companies (they were benchmark cars of their respective seguements) their design grew bland on me. I do like E30 M3's and earlier ones. In fact, almost every M3 ever produced gives me a boner. Now, non-M models are doing it for me, too.

I think, being a designer (future professional), the new BMWs represent what we all wish we could get produced by other companies. Too many times great concepts turn into boring, bland, dull production cars. I mean look at the Z9 concept. It is almost exactly liek the new 6er. Some people like subdued, tame, understated design (like Vertex aero, lets say). F, i like BN Sports and Uras. The new BMWs are equivelant to that type of aero. (not literally of course, just in contex).

Comment

I hear you. I don't have anything against them, and I respect their quality and performance. I do like how they haven't been overly watered down, like you said. However, they just sorta fall into this "meh" category for me. I would rock one all over if you gave it to me, but I wouldn't throw down the money for one.

I just like oldish stuff I guess. The newest car I ever owned was a 92, lol.

Comment

Can't wait for this game. Wait, i don't own a PS2, DAMNIT!!!

Comment

some say there will be Ferrari and Lamborghini's in the game, due to the contract between Ferrari and EA is comming to an end, some even say there's a F355 on the day-out making for GT4 so keep that in mind guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                              I don't know...I think I want to throw daggers at Bangle. I don't really like his new cars. They're too...melted.

I liked the e30's and e36's, and the corresponding 5 series of those generations more then the new stuff. I also like the older stuff as well. The new cars just don't do it for me.
                              E30 M3's are the sh*t!!! Probablly the sexiest car made in the late 80's and really early 90's if not later. Those cars look so nice The boxed out fenders look great to say the least. I am getting a 91' 318is very, very soon and the people who are selling it were working on their friends E30 M3 (red). That thing was oh so nice!

However, I think the newer E46's look very good, except for the @ss end of the 7-Series.

Cant wait for GT4!!! E36 M3 should be in it, woohoo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X