Australian Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Car.

Are there any Australian drifters on these forums? Any ways for all the Americans out there, let me introduce myself. Im Nathan, 12 years old from the Southern State of Victoria in Australia.

For all those Pontiac GTO fans out there.. relise this, the GTO is an exported version of the Australian Holden (GM) Monaro Coupe.

Any how, let me talk about my ride. And what u people think of its possible drifting potential.

Its a 1994 Holden (GM) VR Series II Commodore. Powered by a 3.8litre V6 engine producing 130kws at the fly and 96kw at the rear wheels. Its currently a 4 speed automatic with LSD and ABS. Right now it has a set of ROH International 16inch X 8.5inch 'ZS' wheels, 5.5inch X 3.5inch performance Oval Exhaust, Clarion MP3 50watt X 4 Headunit, Sony Xplod Sub and Amp.

It weighes approx. 1250 kilograms. And throwing out the back end doesnt seem to hard with the new wheels on it.

Thoughts, ideas.. ?

damn, how old do you have to be over there to drive??

anyway, cool looking car, look foward to vids in the future.

Comment

In my state ( Victoria ) we can get our learners Permit at 16, then when u turn 18 we go for our ' P Plates ' (Probation) in which we hold this for 3 years till we reach 3 years to the day you passed your ' Ps test '

When driving on you Learners, u must display a Yellow ' L ' plate in the front and rear windows, and a red ' P ' plate while on your Ps. Basically P-Platers arent supposed to drive turbos or high powered cars.

How does it work in the USA?

Comment

well that very interesting, but in the us its about the same, but it might be chainging.

Anway, at 15 you get your learners permit, or CP license, where you must have a parent in the car in order to drive, after one year and one day, you can get you license at 16, which is your d license, which means that you cant have anyone else in the car except for immediate family members for the first 6 months with you licese. And this is a d license which means you cant be out later than 12 midnight or 1 am, cant remember. And when you turn 18, you get your class c license with means you can drive whenever, whereever, etc. And thats where it ends for us.

but thats a very interesting way of doing it in asutralia

Comment

Yea...well...that's how it works in wicked bogus states.

In New Hampshire you just go down to the DMV once you are 16, pass a test, and rock it out. You're not supposed to be out past 1 am or some crap, but whatever.

Yes, we all know the GTO is a Monaro. It shows too. That thing says GTO like a fat guy in a track suit says sprinter.

Explain to me how you own a car and are driving at the age of 12 when the laws in your area clearly state that is illegal.

Comment

12 years old from the Southern State of Victoria in Australia.
            Woops typo, 21 years old.

Comment

Ummm im from aussie and I have a couple of things to say to you.

1st) WTF! Youre TWELVE! HOW long is it till you can actually use this car to drive faster than your parents are going to be letting you? 6 years? hmmm... How long till you can actually drive it? 4 years? riiiight...
              2nd) My dad has almost the same car, 94, auto but its a stationwagon and doesnt have those pretty wheels and it handles like a big heavy car that was never meant to corner faster than those recomended speed signs ie. not fast. Also with the auto and its big weight you constatly have to hold the breaks on when youre going downhill because manually knocking back a couple of gears in an auto isnt always the thing to do. 1st in the auto goes to about 80kmph so if you were drifting it youd probly be in 1st youre whole life.
              3rd) Im sure they weigh a lot more than what you seem to think.
              4th) Control a drift? Pfft! You cant feel anything thru the power steering althought it is true that you could get the back out pretty easy. Im sure you could learn but a commodore as a drift car? Maybe theres a reason it hasnt been done yet...
              5) If you actually wanted to seriously drift it get some decent suspension. Commodores have tons of body roll compared to other smaller cars ive driven. Not the funnest car to drive on the twisty downhills.
              6) WTF! Youre 12! Get youre lisense and hit puberty 1st!

And finally Im sorry for saying all this but its all true and I dont take any of it back and commodores were ment to go fast in a straight line, not corner. Thats Australias legacy to our cars.

And very finally im sure youre probly a nice guy with a cool car and you really like it and youre just real excited about it and everything and im sorry for bursting your bubble and everything but at least listen to what ive said because its all true and noone I know who drives a commodore (or ford) is that great at anthing but dragging them.

Comment

Ok so i just noticed you said youre 21. Fair enough. ANyway I stick by what Ive said. Commodores were never ment to drift.

Comment

And very finally im sure youre probly a nice guy with a cool car and you really like it and youre just real excited about it and everything and im sorry for bursting your bubble and everything but at least listen to what ive said because its all true and noone I know who drives a commodore (or ford) is that great at anthing but dragging them.
                  I'll show you, this sedan will drift lol.

Comment

u have to wait till 18 to get ur ps??? haha suckers, it only 17 in nsw, anyway, and for the holden and pointiac thing, i think it's the other way around.

Comment

You luckie bastard (or is that bastid?). You get all the cool Japanise cars and all tha cool v-8s. For the crack that Commodors can't drift, El Caminos arn't supposed to ether, but Bubba Drift dose it real well. The Falcol XB is one of the coolest cars ever.

Comment

Originally posted by iownju
                        well that very interesting, but in the us its about the same, but it might be chainging.

Anway, at 15 you get your learners permit, or CP license, where you must have a parent in the car in order to drive, after one year and one day, you can get you license at 16, which is your d license, which means that you cant have anyone else in the car except for immediate family members for the first 6 months with you licese. And this is a d license which means you cant be out later than 12 midnight or 1 am, cant remember. And when you turn 18, you get your class c license with means you can drive whenever, whereever, etc. And thats where it ends for us.

but thats a very interesting way of doing it in asutralia
                        In Cali...

15 1/2 for permit license-Drive only with parent or someone over 25 with a valid license.

After 6 months you can get your license, can only drive by yourself or with someone over 21. Can't drive between 12am-5am. Can't drive with no one under 21 for a year.

But I think that is changing...right? Something you can't get your license until your 18, I have no idea my lil bro was complaining about it. Good thing I didn't have that problem.

Comment

Im an australian & proud of it, BTW that VR looks
                          SWEET my dads got one, Iv'e got a VK yes she does drift & i only drive manual 4spd. Mine's ferrari red, dark tinted $12 grand audio
                          2 x 12's subs, 5 v12 alpine amps, Basically its all alpine.

Yo to everyone in america if you want to see HOLDENS/HSV's
                          HSV is (Holden Speciality Vehicles.) Only available here in australia, Then check out these sites.

www.holden.com.au
                          www.hsv.com.au
                          Last edited by ; 10-07-2004, 07:30 PM.

Comment

in fl: 15 permit, 16 license.

Comment

yeah im here from darwin... pretty crap for drifting recently brought a 90 subaru libarty gonna try AWD drifting. not really say much as i like the fords better than the commo's. 'Drift Cat' who competes in the drift nats in aus used to drift a holden VK SS commo which she brough for the drags and people told her she couldn'd drift in a commo so she got it drifting with mods, hydraulic handbrake, mini-spool locked diff and some upgraded suspension. but she now drifts a S13 with a T28 ballbearing turbo, front mount and some other mods to get the s13 to produce around 200kW at the wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X