• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice...

tell me if i'm "rice" for doing this...

2000civic lx (manual)

aem cold air (bypassvalve)
    skunk2 intake manifold (conversion from top feed to side feed tb)
    hondata heatshield (plastic intake mani gasket)
    dc 4-2-1 header
    high flow cat
    custom piping and a can i picked on sound alone, since spending an aditional 300 for a greddy or the like is not gonna buy me much.

the only other stuff that's been done is a little audio related stuff and some shift bushings. it's not my car, my dad just wanted a little more power.

in my opinion, the fact that it's a civic doesn't make him or i a ricer. those are all good parts, none of which are just for cosmetic appeal, they're for making power. no extravagant body kits or neon or anything like that.

i just want to see how many of you still say it's rice just because it's branded "H".

Cans are useless and sound and look bad. There's a zillion other mufflers you could have picked that would have worked 300 times better.

Outside of that, it's just like dude says on his rice-mocking page. Rice is a car that is built to look fast, rather than look good or go fast.

Comment

no no no. sorry, i have a habit of calling any muffler a can. my bad. yeah, it is a muffler, and i picked it because it's quiet and not zippy sounding, it idles pretty quiet and when you get on it it sounds angry without any of the burping or farting that you'd usually associate with it. trust me, i like any of you, hate rice cans. the car should be done by sunday, and if so i'll get some video or sound up so you can hear and approve. (i realize there's no need to do that, i just like playing with my pc )

Comment

well than you win, hahaha.

Comment

sounds quite nice i think

Comment

thank you.

i am sort of getting irritated at the hate for civics, as it is not a justifiable thing. there is no need for it. the civic is a good car, i drive ours often and it's a very enjoyable, very responsive and good handling car. they're reliable, and regardless of what people do to them, they are great little cars.

Comment

i am in total agreance. i used to not like them, but then after seeing a few really nice ones, i have learned to appreciate their subteness. they are really sweet with a b16 or b18, specialy when you put toluene in it, cause they rev so damned fast. its absolutely humbling when you hear it fly by with the vtec roaring at like 8k...lol

Comment

specialy when you put toluene in it
                wait. what? toluene?

Comment

Toluene is an industrial solvant. Very nasty. Causes all sorts of cancer. BUT, if you add it to you gas, you get big octane boosts. Of course it's uber illegal.

Comment

Working...
                  X