No announcement yet.

What am I supposed to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try around 10k for a mint condition evo 3 in the yokohama area..and trust me..once you turn 17 or whatever you'll be like "OMG i cant afford this"..dont worry...when i was 14 i always told myself my first car was gonna be an r34 gtr..but you know what i got and enjoyed? i got an s13 k's

Comment

Get into go karts.
      Learn lines through turns and what an apex is.

Comment

get into your first accident..and youll learn alot...i got the silent treatment when i got home after the auto shop towed my car from "snake hill" aka a small two laned hill not far from where i live...its the worst kind of punishment ever.

and like someone said..DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF TOO FAR OR TOO HARD AT THE START

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
          Maybe you should stop dreaming and buy something available in the states?
          what he said, also like the post above me here your first accident will really show you what its all about, a real humbling experience. Lost my 300ZX going around a corner. Good luck gunma fanboy.
          Last edited by 003; 10-28-2004, 09:00 AM.

Comment

and dont whine or cry when you crash..you did the damage..deal with it..theres no way to change it so just move on

Comment

hahahahah "my tires were no good" "I need better brakes"

You hear it all the time, and it's BS. Learn how to drive, know your limits.

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                Get into go karts.
                Learn lines through turns and what an apex is.
                I once got into Go-karts and it was really cool and I was fast ... I think and I always got a good line and I once spun out while drifting on a go-kart; THE HORROR; and I once crashed, badly.

PEOPLE I HAVE A QUESTION

ok I've seen drifting videos and I know that if you stop drifting youll be disqualifide but I heard about Formula D and that you could Drift and Grip is this true?
                Last edited by 4WD-4WD; 11-08-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

1st off I am going to have to slap you in the face with a reality check. Unless you have some very rich relatives theres no way in hell you will be able to afford an Evo. Period.

I too once had the "well if I work at the grocery store for my 40 hours a week I will have enough money for (Insert car I liked at the time), etc.". I drive an '91 bmw 318is, by no means the mustang cobra I had dreams of owning back in the day, but it's a very nice, well handling car (weighs a tought 2600lbs).

And good luck insuring any car that has some cahone's when your 17 years old, especially an AWD turbo..

Go-karts are as close to a car as you are going to get and like it was said you are going to learn racing lines, etc and some driving skills. But go-karts and real cars are two very different things.

And I'd invest in a PS2 and Gran Turismo 4, because its going to be a long 2 years Been there done that and thank god I have my liscense..

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
                    1st off I am going to have to slap you in the face with a reality check. Unless you have some very rich relatives theres no way in hell you will be able to afford an Evo. Period.

I too once had the "well if I work at the grocery store for my 40 hours a week I will have enough money for (Insert car I liked at the time), etc.". I drive an '91 bmw 318is, by no means the mustang cobra I had dreams of owning back in the day, but it's a very nice, well handling car (weighs a tought 2600lbs).

And good luck insuring any car that has some cahone's when your 17 years old, especially an AWD turbo..

Go-karts are as close to a car as you are going to get and like it was said you are going to learn racing lines, etc and some driving skills. But go-karts and real cars are two very different things.

And I'd invest in a PS2 and Gran Turismo 4, because its going to be a long 2 years Been there done that and thank god I have my liscense..
                    LOL ... I guess I better go and reserve my copy of GT4.

P.S If you mean THE Mustang SVT Cobra you have good taste

Comment

ya 14 me too sweet...
                      i dont plan on getting an evo vii when i turn 17 tho
                      lol
                      high ambitions lol
                      keep dreaming unless your dad has got a lot of money to spend on you then go ahead good luck...
                      ...on a more sarchastic note when im 17 ill have a 2002 skyline GT-R m-spec...lol...and ill drive it around canada here in the winter...and destroy it

Comment

yes go reserve yourself a copy of gt4 and me too then you can have your evo and ill have my skyline...

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                          try around 10k for a mint condition evo 3 in the yokohama area..and trust me..once you turn 17 or whatever you'll be like "OMG i cant afford this"..dont worry...when i was 14 i always told myself my first car was gonna be an r34 gtr..but you know what i got and enjoyed? i got an s13 k's

when i was 15 i was the excact same way, except i wanted to import an evo5 rs , then i wanted a turbo e30 m3, you sorta assure youself that you can get it, but it never comes. trhen i wanted a s13 and i saved up an bought one, i was so happy

Comment

ya listen dude...u cant import an evo...its as simple as that. your gonna have to choose a diffrent car that is more reasonable. too many laws including crash testing etc if u wanna import. it cant be done ( well it could but for an ungodly cost) also i wouldnt recomend getting a bad-@$$ car like an evo for a first car because its very expensive to beat up and break. i may be only 15 but i have talked to pros such as andy yen and hubert young and they both said to get a beater when you 1st start driving. even tho we were talking drifting, that goes for anything. just get something like a 240 (like me )an fc, or an older model supra. or even an impreza. i mean imprezas are nice and if u get an older one, they can be less costly than an evo def.

as far as what you should know...well its hard to say. you should know the car you are getting really well thats for sure. you should learn about aftermarket parts and what they do. learn about the engine and how it works. learn simple installs such as intake and exhuast, cam gears, rotors and calipers. i mean thats what i do. i learn as much as i can always. that away when i do get my car..i can be ahead and know what im doing. neways good luck dude, and learn as much as u can.
                            Last edited by 240drftr; 11-14-2004, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 240drftr
                              ya listen dude...u cant import an evo...its as simple as that. your gonna have to choose a diffrent car that is more reasonable. too many laws including crash testing etc if u wanna import. it cant be done ( well it could but for an ungodly cost)
                              This isn't fully true. It's costly, but not ungodly expensive or impossibly difficult.

as far as what you should know...well its hard to say. you should know the car you are getting really well thats for sure. you should learn about aftermarket parts and what they do. learn about the engine and how it works. learn simple installs such as intake and exhuast, cam gears, rotors and calipers. i mean thats what i do. i learn as much as i can always. that away when i do get my car..i can be ahead and know what im doing. neways good luck dude, and learn as much as u can.
                              I agree. These are some things you should know.

Comment

EVOLUTION, That name just sends a thought thru my head.
                                Pure trust worthy japanese automotive engineering.
                                ( RUNS OUTTA BREATH, PANTS LIKE A DOG ) LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X