Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Hoon Laws

damn these new Aussie Hoon laws!
    ok point taken if your going to be stupid your going to get in trouble but.. come on!
    yif ou get caught for doing anything.. i mean ANYTHING 5k's over even and your 17-25 you get your freekin car confiscated for 2 days .. the more times you get cought the longer the cars stays til you just dont get it back like on the 3rd strike or something!
    freekin discrimination
    any Aussies out there had any experience with the new hoon laws?

Im from Victoria. And in my area, about 6 months ago a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* load of people were caught at and illegally organised Burnout meet. Some trials were last week and some are continuing. I heard one guy had lost his licence for 18months and a major fine. Alot of the people caught I havnt seen their cars around seen it happened and there were rumour flying around that their cars were taken from them.

Its crap, I get harassed by cops just because I drive a 1994 Commodore of all things with some 16inch mags and a sports exhaust and get this ' my stereo is too loud ' apparently I my reframe from turning it above ' 22 ' in suburban areas. ( Yes the cop, pulled me over, asked me to turn it down, then to turn it up until he said stop and said " thats as loud as your allowed to go, we have had complaints " ) *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing jackass.

In my part of Australia. they are basically fining people on the spot for the stupidist things ever

- changed lanes in a dangerous manner.

its all about raising state revenue.

Comment

Silly Aussies. Don't you want to be able to hear? Turn down that music!

I've heard horror stories, so I think maybe some of this cop madness is a bit justified.

Changing lanes in a dangerous manner is indeed stupid. If you don't signal, you deserve that ticket. Drive nicely, boys.

Comment

i reckon it must have something to do with the older people/younger people ratio in Aus iam statistically correct in saying there are more older ppl than younger... maybe ... i think im clutching at straws

"The laws all target hoon driving behaviour and offences such as excess noise, illegal street racing, refusal to leave a public place and burn-outs."

"Since NSW adopted its Traffic Amendment (Street and Illegal Drag Racing) Act 1996, 2000 cars have been confiscated, and in Queensland 1400 cars have been seized in two years, according to The Age."

"I think it should be a step up process, a short period for a small offence and then more serious for second and third offences to the point where you'd take that asset away indefinitely."

What are these people thinking ? how is a loud stereo system endangering the community?

on this note id like to add the new "dob in a hoon act"

"Mr Haermeyer said no decision on the proposed new legislation had been made yet but a "dob in a hoon" hotline could be in place by mid-November."

it's here now!
        far out!
        this means i could ring the hotline dob you in and you get your car confiscated.. am i the only one who can see holes in this?

XXMy rant"Mr Haermeyer said no decision on the proposed new legislation had been made yet but a "dob in a hoon" hotline could be in place by mid-November."
        Last edited by Bambam; 10-21-2004, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Hrm...I really don't have anything clever to say about this one.

Get out of Austrailia, apparently.

Comment

Yeah things can be pretty tough down there. What's really ridiculous is that in some areas it's illegal to force-induct a V8, but it's ok to boost a Skyline to the moon. In the US we're lucky to have SEMA, an aftermarket organization that fights for enthusiast's rights. Otherwise we'd all be forced to drive around in hybrids that drive themselves on automated highways.

If you guys feel that the laws are too harsh, get a group of people togther and start spreading the word. Tell the lawmakers what they think of these new laws. Government won't listen to just one person, but a few thousand and they will at least listen to what you have to say. If you don't let your voice be heard and fight for your freedoms then they will be taken from you.

Comment

HEY IM AN AUSSIE.

Yes i hate the cops, I hate'em, I'd be out driving my dads VR commodore and i get pinged for being 1 k over the limit, Hello i cant help it no can, Its virtually impossible to stick to the speed limit, The more they enforce it the faster i go. Yo P.I.G.G.Y stick your defect stickers up your ?. Hell yeah i meant that. If any one can reply to this as descreetly as possible please do so as iv'e had enough of mr SO CALLED perfect always
              pulling me over.

Its not the drivers fault, Its the car manufacturers that build super fast cars. That is where it all started.
              Last edited by ; 10-26-2004, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami

If you guys feel that the laws are too harsh, get a group of people togther and start spreading the word. Tell the lawmakers what they think of these new laws. Government won't listen to just one person, but a few thousand and they will at least listen to what you have to say. If you don't let your voice be heard and fight for your freedoms then they will be taken from you.
                Its a nice idea in theory but im not that heavily into the car scene( being one who knows a little but not enough ) just car runs and stuff at the moment .. the only ppl i know in a number that might have an influence are pissy little jask asses in "suped" up pulsars! although the ppl in cccwa are real awesome... i just dont think enough people feel so strongly enough about it as to actually do something.. they'd all just rather keep doin it and risk getttin whacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                  Hrm...I really don't have anything clever to say about this one.

Get out of Austrailia, apparently.

I wish i could, But you know how it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X