Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member! (Foreign Car Owner!)

Hello everyone,

Time to introduce myself. My name is Paul, I'm 18 years old & I live in Youngtown Ohio, USA. I have owned many cars in my life, and every single one (almost) has been a rare car, or a foreign car. I absolutly love drifting, although haven't found a good area to do much of it yet!

Car #1: 1989 Saab 900 Convertible 5spd Turbo SPG/SIS 1 of 14 (special edition) imported into the US from Sweden.

Car #2: 1989 Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion 5spd Turbo Intercooled. ALL dealer/rare/year difference options including full louvers, 16x8 & 16x9 SHP wheels, '83 hood, etc. Built engine.

Misc other cars: '83 Starion Turbo 5spd, '85 Conquest Turbo Auto, '87 Conquest Turbo 5spd, '87 Conquest Turbo 5spd, '87 Conquest Turbo 5spd, '89 Corolla SR5 Auto.

Those are the cars I currently own. You wouldn't want to hear the list of the previously owned ones, lol.

I love the fact of taking ANY type of car & seeing how it will do in the sand or the snow! Doesn't have to be a $50,000 car, it could be a $50 car - the only thing that matters is if you have fun while doing it!

Take Care all,

Paul
    xkreal@aol.com

wecome to the board, sound like you are a huge fan of the starion, which is sweet. those cars are pretty awsome.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I LOVE the Starion/Conquest. I have collected some of the rarest parts from all over the world. UK, AU, NZ, etc. Deal factory/optional parts, that is. Also the rare items between the years.

All I have to do now is to put everything together on my main car! Time is hard to come by anymore.

Here is a picture of my first quest, I paid $3000. It was absolutly mint. I needed rear brake pads put on it, took it to a shop for the pads, a few hours later my brakes failed. No other one will replace that car, ever. Total investment lost.

Paul
      xkreal@aol.com

Comment

Dang dude that's sad. I would've sued the ish outta the guy you bought it from. Any injuries? bad crash.

Comment

No real injuries. I was coasting in neutral to a stop sign, was going maybe 10mph, and when I went to apply the brakes they did not stop me! Brake lights went on (witnesses say) but no stopping! I rolled through and a PT Cruiser t-boned me at 55mph, pushed us both 40 yards into a yard (jumped a curb) bending all four rims and tearing that stop sign in the picture right out of the ground and taking it 20 feet.

I had my knee hit the ignition and a key on my key ring was stuck in my leg, I had to pull it out (bloody!) to get out and see if the other driver was alright.

Both cars totalled. I only had insurance to cover the damage I did to her, so I lost my total investment. Ended up parting the car out. The brake shop that did my work msut have messed with the hydraulic brake cylinder, that is the reason it failed.

Anyways, an investigator deemed the shop not responsible.

Only had the car a few months. No other car can compare to it.

Paul

Comment

Wow. That is unbelievable how good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Consider yourself lucky it wasn't a RHD, though!

Comment

Welcome to the boards! My freind owns a 1994 Saab 900SE. not quite the rarity of yours but here are some pics anyways heh...its kinda riced out but fast, last dyno had 320 at fly!

Comment

Working...
              X