I give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give up

I have a redtop that i have installed and done everything myself....I give up (ive shared my so many of my problems in this very "tech discussion forum")...I just cant get my car to fire....ive been on my cars "no spark" problem for 2 months now...Ive checked every forum and asked the same question in hopes that it would bring some different solutions up and pissed many a mods off in those forums,lol

I am the son of a mechanic...and cannot figure out why its not firing...ive had my father look at it...HE CANT fgure out whats wrong...I went through all the wiring of the whol harness and nothing looks wrong...the ecu is fine to. everything is wired properly...

So my question is this...Does anyone know a place that installs...SR20DET's(not to install another engine just to find the problem and fix it)
    Does anyone know any place in OHIO or near OHIO that does that?
    I have no dignity anymore, ive lost lots of respect from my father by trying to get my car sent off for someone else to fix...but its no use just looking for the same problem forever if YOU CANT find the problem

Thank You,
    Verysadlooserfailureundignified Dave

Did you check the ignition switch?

Comment

are you talking about the the system you stick your key in?lol

Comment

heavy throttle is in new york state i think, they do sr installs and everything. check them out or email them if u havnt already.
        www.heavythrottle.com
        hope it helps

Comment

i had that problem a while back when i did my swap.. i had a messed up harness which was really impossible to fix.. the blue plug that holds all the pins that plug into the ecu was shattered.. so i bought a brand new wiring harness thinking that the old one could be causing it not to fire..i tried different types of pinout diagrams to get all the wires to the correct pin from the ecu.. but still no spark..so i swapped spark plugs.. i tested the coilpacks for power.. they were straight..but still no spark.. then i checked the ignitor chip.. and i read no power out of that.. so i ended up buying a new ignitor chip.. and it started right up.. if you checked all those things.. dont mind my post haha
          Last edited by drojit_1; 11-08-2004, 07:28 PM.

Comment

my first thought was the ignitor chip was out....

it is a reocurring problem with the SR's and the VG's ( 300zx)...

i bet thats the problem....from your post it reads that you just tried to "find out" what the problem IS/WAS.....you change out the coil pack and i bet you that it is the problem...if they are crackd, jounced, dropped or even hit they can just stop working...

change it out and see what happens

Comment

thanks fellas

Comment

Working...
              X