lsd question ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd question ?????

i know a 2 way is better for drift and a 1 way is for grip. i also know that a 1.5 way is good for drifting and gripping. I know how 1 way is for acc. etc. What i was wondering is how is 1.5 way better than gripping the 2 way? I thought they both ock up the same and dont understand how 1.5 way would be better. I think i will end up getting the 1.5 way based on what i came up with from searches but i want to know. Do lsd only start worknig when your wheels start to slip?
    thanks alot and please dont hate if you think its a dumb question

The 2-way is locked fully both on and off power. When you lift off, it tends to be relatively jerky and upsets the car's balance, thus disallowing the smoothness needed for maximum speed. The 1.5-way, however, is only partially locked during deceleration and is thus easier to drive. However, clutch-type differentials are inherently grabby. The only clutch-type with a very smooth engagement that I am aware of is the ATS Carbon LSD.

Viscous LSDs require wheel slippage to begin to lock up, but helical and clutch-type LSDs try to prevent the slip before it happens. (Unless the helical has one wheel in the air or extremely unweighted)

Comment

just get a 1.5 way. you will be happy with it. thats what most track cars use i know of.

Comment

thanks for the responses. i wont be getting a diff any more, i just blew my headgasket, poped a hole in my radiator from water being pressurized, then warped my head . so i am pretty much f#cked. well, now i am going to get a ca18 so atleast something good came of this.

Comment

Sweet... plunking down what, $3k for 20 more hp than stock.

Comment

you can get ca18's for less than 1500, i dont really want to swap in a ka, then spend 3500 for a kit that still isnt legal for my car.

i know that you dont need much power to drift but i was planning on going this route later on, it just came a little sooner than expected.

Comment

Working...
            X