Drifting a FD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting a FD

I've been street drifting my rx-7 for a lil bit now, and i'm ready to start on the suspention, i've pretty much got all the other goodies i'd want or need (see sig) .
    Heres my questions, what suspention set up should i go for?
    I was thinking of zeal coilovers, and some kind of front and rear sway bars. I think the LSD in the FD is fine but am looking into the kaaz LSD but i dunno. Any help would be greatly appericated!
    How many people on here drift there FD's. Is my T-78 gonna be too much for it to drift i hope not.

i used to drift my fd. theirs quite a few fd drifters on this forum. youve got a crasy car on your hands, i like it. on my car i had jspec twins with kaaz 1.5way lsd. i loved that setup it was perfect, i had front and rear struts and a rear sway bare. i personally wouldnt try drifting the t78 but that is just my opinion, since it spools so late, i think its a tad extreme, try and down size to a hks t04r, that turbo is f*kin awesome on fds. try and find some random adjustable rods so you can some more adjustablitiy and maybe stiffen the chassis a bit. other than that your good man.

Comment

my t-78 has pretty good spool times since its been upgraded with a new wheel. Would the zeal coil-overs be good enough?

Comment

I believe it depends on what type of zeals you get. I know Tein,JIC, Buddyclub have multiple choices when it comes to coliovers and they all very depending on your application. Most of my friends use Tein FLEX and love them. I sure Zeal is the same way, and if they have a "drift" coilover, then look in to that.

Comment

Working...
        X