VLSD install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLSD install

So i got the new diff from a 95 infini J30, now i know i have to change the rear cover with my old one but what about the gap on the front mounts? i have washers to take up the space but they aren't an exact match, tell me what u think.

I'm assuming you want to drift, since this is "drifting.com"

so....

Step 1: clean it

Step 2: sell it to someone else

Step 3: go look at a real diff

Step 4: get mad at me for this post

Step 5: ask your friends why you should get a real diff

Step 6: buy a real diff

Step 7: post on drifting.com asking how to install your new clutch type diff

Step 8: pay someone to have it proffesionally installed or get a FSM

Step 9: Break in your new clutch diff

Step 10: Actually DRIFT!

Step 11: realize I was right

Have fun!

Comment

um.... this guy is dumb and flaming u 4 no reson so go here 2 learn how 2 install. www.ka24development.com/vlsd.html also where did u get a 95 j30????? i wanna get 1. also how much???

Comment

yeah i have that link, i just wasn't sure what is acceptable for the gap, i'll figure it out. anyway i got the diff from a local auto wrecker, he only had 2 95 units, this one had 70K miles on it, i paid 275 so i really couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Do you have an S13 or S14? If you have an S13, that diff cover's gonna have to go, as it's only a two-bolt. If you have an S14, you should have all the necessary isolators on the factory diff.

mechaniac, that post was idiotic. Have you ever drifted with a VLSD? A VLSD is great for beginners. A clutch-type, especially a 2-way, is not.
          Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 11-16-2004, 11:42 AM.

Comment

yeah i have the rear cover from the original diff all cleaned up, i had to order the gasket for the cover, nissan doesn't carry it anymore?!? anyway the unit goes in today. wish me luck.

Comment

Since the diff is non-pressurized, silicon RTV or any kind of liquid gasket would work.

I hope you have the 85mm bolts, two rubber isolators, and two metal/rubber spacers...

Comment

got the bolts with the unit and are you talking about the front mount for the spacer? if so check the pic

Comment

Gridracetech, YOU obviously don't drift. You're telling me a vlsd is great for beginners? for what? slingshotting into a curb?

VLSD= coming into a turn, no lock WTF? exiting turn, locking WHOO HOOOO that's great! ....in turn.... equates to late entry drifts with tail snaps at the exit. Yaaaayy!!! I drifted! ....ummm no, that was not a drift.

That's all I've been seeing with vlsd equipped beginners.

Plus, if you started out with a cluch diff, you would understand controlling your car much sooner.

Before you argue with me about learning to drift with a vlsd or clutch type, go ask somebody who knows, not yourself.

I'm giving the guy good info, it may hurt a bit, but it's the truth.

Get mad at me, then think about it: (This guy is an *Censored**Censored**Censored*, but do I ask somebody who really knows how to drift, or do I get mad at him and keep thinking I'm right and never really learn to drift correctly.)

It's your choice.

Comment

fine your entitled to you own oppinion, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS! But A: i didn't ask if i should install the unit and B: you didn't have to be such an *Censored**Censored**Censored* about it. Granted you obviously lack people skills of any kind. But how do you expect anybody to listen to what your are saying when you do it with such contempt?

Comment

I agree with GRiDRaceTech in this case jumping from a open diff to a 2-way is a huge jump. Going with a vlsd is a good way to learn.
                      Thats precisely what I'm doing and I have yet to encounter any problems with my vlsd.

Gotta learn to walk before you can run.

Comment

It's actually not an opinion. Just ask someone who knows.

*sigh* One day you guys will know, and you'll think back to that a$Shole on drifting.com

Comment

mechaniac-
                          http://vids.yddrift.com/LVDNhi.WMV

Right-click, save as

The S13 coupe with the black and white Silvia front is me. That's with a VLSD.

I placed 7th out of 25.

Comment

Working...
                          X