drifting w/ spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting w/ spacers

how many guys out there drift with spacers? I've seen in my drift tengoku mags that a lot of guys run some spacers to make the wheels fit the wide bodies. Anyone in the states run spacers? Any problems found with them?

I run 10mm spacers all around and have no problems. I've heard that any spacer bigger than 15mm should be a bolt-on, in the interest of safety.

www.wheelspacers.com makes very high quality stuff and is to be trusted. Prices are rather steep, but the quality is top-notch.

Comment

yea, i was actually talking about bolt on spacers, sorry for the confusion. Something along the lines of 20-30mm actually is what i was looking at, anyone running anything that big?

Comment

Quite a few people are.

old_s13 on zilvia is one, ludex on zilvia is another. ludex ran 25mm spacers for a couple months. Dousan (Aaron) used to run 30mm but now runs 20mm. (I think... that was back in September) 240Stilo is/was running a 25mm spacer.

Do a specific search on zilvia. The consensus is that the aforementioned website is THE BEST.

Comment

If possible make sure you have the spacers made hubcentric to the hub and wheel you run, this will limit the stress placed on the studs.

wheelspacers.com rocks, but takes a while and is a bit high $$, and also only allows payment by cod for some reason....

he also will not make anything smaller than a 20mm bolt on type,

Comment

ive got them on the front just to clear the suspension and the brakes.... and also cuz it makes the front look badass. also i wouldnt advise runniing them on the rear only because ive seen first hand where the spacer broke and the rear wheel came flying off, but other than that i dont see a problem with putting them on the front

Comment

Working...
            X