R180 Lsd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R180 Lsd?

I've been looking up parts on this japanese web site and while looking for an LSD, I noticed that a few of them were R180. It had the same bolt pattern as the USDM R200 and the holes for the axels (3 sets of 2 holes) were the same also.

My question is, will a R180 LSD with a Tomei 2 way work on my S13?

This is the a picture of the same R180 LSD
    Attached Files

Comment

These R180 LSD's were made by Fuji Heavy Industries, and were originally meant to be used in Subarus, but they fit in Datsun 510's and 240Z's as well. I'm not sure if the bolt pattern is the same on an S13. The bolt patterns between the R180 and the R200 are the same, but the differential on the S13 is neither of these if I recall. It depends on whether you want to swap in the entire differential, or just the internal limited slip unit.
      Last edited by Pennyman; 11-18-2004, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I know I've read all over the place that 240's and Infiniti J30's have R200 differentials but yeah, I'm going to swap the whole diff. pumpkin so the inner carrier shouldn't matter. I'm worried about my axels bolting up and if the pumpkin can even fit on my car.

Subarus??????? interesting.................

Comment

R160 & R180 = subaru and pre 88 nissans, mostly.

Comment

hmm... pre 88, guess it doesn't fit then ok well thx for the info

Comment

It looks like it could fit, provided you changed the rear cover. The general shape is the same as the R200, but I am unsure if the driveshaft diameter is the same. The only way to see if it fits is by finding someone who's tried.

Comment

Working...
              X