ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streching Tires... The truth behind them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone, SHUT UP. It's been argued past death, and you're trampling on the flowers placed on its grave. Move on... we covered EVERYTHING within the first three pages.

Comment

Im a bit late on this but many of the 86s are pretty underpowered... When ueo won he only had 180 himself.

I love the 4age- the highest youll really reach on the 4age is around 180-200 NA hp WITHOUT completly rebuilding the engine from the inside out (so you can go beyond that- but ur looking at a lot of custom internal parts)

With turbo, 250-300 is pretty reasonable.

Supercharger, once again 180-200 range is your best bet.
      ____

Many of the 86 drivers prefer to run NA, which is why the highest youll see is around 180. Usually its even lower- talking about 150-160, and you cant really break 160 without an ecu tweakage' of some kind so most stop there. Either way thats around 100 hp per liter with basic bolt on mods and some cam work, not bad for a 20 year old engine imo

Comment

Uhh... this was about tires.

Seriously, end it.

Comment

ya but someone brought up the 86s and their hp which formed a question, and im a 86/4age nut so hey sue me oh well ya it should probably be closed or get back on topic

Comment

I think that it matters what tire you have.

You can squeze a wider Hoosier and get better feeling than a stretched economy tire. Because of course everybody on this forum drifts R-Compound.

Comment

No they drift on E-compound.

Comment

I think everything was covered except how the tire stretching process is conducted. I would like to know this.
                I want to run 195/60/14 on 7 inch front and 7.5 inch rear SSR wheels. Also what do you think the minimum width is that the average tire mounting shop is capable of on a 14x7 and 7.5 inch wheel without giving me shite?

Comment

Wow, you really have a bone for the hipari look, dontcha?

Some shops are more anal than others. Don't go skinnier than 195, if you can't drift on that then give up.

Comment

yeah 7 inch is just too narrow, at least go find some 8's.
                    but a 195 on 7.5 will stretch a bit wiith like a small profile like 195/50/15

Comment

um, do your conversions correctly.

1" = 25.4 mm

therefore a 195 is actually 7.7". So in order to stretch it, you would need at least an 8" wheel like reckless hero said, or even 8.5".

Comment

I'm still looking to have good balanced grip, but with 14 inch wheels, it's kinda hard to find good tires with low profiles. I'm more interested in the lower profile, but I can't even find many 55 series. Plus, I don't want to have to search around everywhere every time I need a new set.

Comment

sorry dude but 14's are just do damn small on 240's u would be better off with 15's

Comment

I disagree, also SSR designed the mk-1s with cars like a 240 and ae86 in mind, and I love them too much to get anything else.
                            I had BFG 245/50 in front and 265/50 in rear, but those were too bulky, and a little pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by free motion
                              I disagree, also SSR designed the mk-1s with cars like a 240 and ae86 in mind, and I love them too much to get anything else.
                              I had BFG 245/50 in front and 265/50 in rear
                              on a 7.5 inch wheel?????

Comment

Yeah. I was just wondering at what point do you need special tools to get the tire to inflate on the wheels?

Comment

Working...
                                X