• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Grip LSD; Good or Bad???

is phantom grip lsd good or bad???

Keep saving for a real limited-slip.

Comment

yea defently save more for the rear limited-slip diff. phantom grips dont go over 2 well for drifting.

Comment

whats the diffrent???

Comment

phantom grip is basically a chunk of metal you put inside your stock diff which gives it a 'locker' effect under acceleration, (equal power to both wheels).

as the old addage goes, you get what you pay for, a dedicated LSD will always be better than a makeshift lsd, but for usually under $500 the phantom grip would probably suit your needs unless you are a pro.

Personally i do not know how the phantom grip holds up under drifting, so you should probably see if anyone has had problems with it.

Comment

<-- Is thankful his car came stock with an lsd... now if only i could get it rebuilt...

Comment

I dont see why it wouldnt work. The only disadvantage that I can think of is it not locking on de-accel like a 2 way LSD. But you could still drift great on throttle. How much are these things? Just because the part design is simple compared to a real LSD dosnt mean it wont work. It all depends on what application you're talking about and what you want. I dont know how much this thing costs, but if you currently have an open diff and the price is right then I would give it a try. Heck on my track only car I'm running a Mini-Spool which is also a "chunk of metal" (for $80 no less) and its way crazier than any LSD I've used. The Mini-Spool completely locks the rear both ways (like welding the diff but more permanent). Kicks out like crazy, full power to both wheels all the time, no slip at all. Not daily driving street friendly but great for track drifting. The more expensive 2 way LSD is the best of both worlds and thats why they're so expensive.

Comment

the rumor is that a dirt drop with one wheel will snap the phantom into pieces and ruin your rear diff

Comment

Working...
                X