Wheel Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Hop

I own a '90 RPS13, which apparently has VLSD, because the Nissan dealership that I brought it to said that it did. My question is, when cornering or accererating from a stop my rear end shutters and shakes for a few seconds. It didnt always do this, more recently I have been driving it harder, and thats when i noticed the shuddering. Could that be the VLSD locking? Given the nature of VLSD, I know it shouldnt, but I can't think of any other explanation. Maybe somone else has experenced this too?

Maybe your subframe mounts are shot and only make their deficiency apparent in hard driving. Buy some billet aluminum subframe spacers from eBay, SPL, or one of many, many different companies that carry them. The spacers will compress the factory rubber bushings, in effect lessening slop and decreasing wheel hop. The eight-piece sets lessen wheel hop more than the four-piece sets, but usually cost about $20 more. If I were you, I'd pony up the extra $20 for the added effectiveness. When looking for an eight-piece set, make sure the upper spacers are slotted or else you'll have to drop your subframe to put 'em in. I'd be happy to check any spacers you find online. Just post the link here and I'll help you.

Comment

I auctually just ordered a complete bushings set (http://www.pdm-racing.com/specials/s....html#bushings) part number S13BUSHPKG1. Would this be what i need for the subframe bushings as well? I think they are included.

Comment

... that'll help your wheel hop, but I hope you're ready for a lot of downtime. You'll either have to rent a press or take your entire subframe to a machine shop to put those in.

Comment

Working...
        X