drifting with leaf springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting with leaf springs?

i have this beast, which im re-building, so ignore the rust cause its all gone lol.
    it has been lowered already and has a 2t engine (TA22 celica), instead of the old 3k engine.

the one problem is that is has leaf springs in the rear, and ive been told that its not good for a drift car to have leaf springs.

i want to set it up as an ameture drift car. what steps do you think you would do in this situation?
    with the whole leaf spring deal.

and do you think this car is capable?

thanx in advance.

tom

p.s can get more pics if needed
    Last edited by garagegrandiose; 11-23-2004, 02:11 AM.

Take the leaf springs apart, then flip one or 2 of them over, depending on how much of a drop you want or how stiff you want it. You can also add a leaf spring or 2 to it. Just make sure you use some stiff springs in the front as well.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

ahh ok. thanx for that.
      so having leaf springs wont stop me from drifting then will it?

i just need to get everything as stiff as i can. im fitting a roll cage so that should help as well shouldnt it?

Comment

i have leaf's

Comment

Originally posted by djnarush
          i have leaf's
          me too!!! i think the leaf springs have less to do with how driftable the car is compaired to how much steering angle it has. you could add traction bars to it to i guess. anyway, i am now drifting/building my 90 MX83 cressida and with it bone stock (minus a 5 speed swap and a stripped interior), its 100 times easier to drift then my 02 tacoma which in my opinion is because it has a lot more steering angle and i can throw it out way farther and get away with a lot more with it. but then again, i could be wrong. Alex, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
          X