Soarer Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soarer Swap

Hey guys, say I wanted to swap a new motor into my soarer..Would a 2jz fit in it? By the way I have already searched this.

well, the soarer(sc300) has the 2jz already in it. So yes, it would fit.

But really, you coudl do the swayif you wanted to, but its lots of money, and from what i have heard (ive looked in to this alot because i plan on buying one) it doesn't work well in the end. I think you would have better luck with useing the stock motor, yank it out and rebuild it and slap a turbo on it, and stick it back in. So in the end, it would be the same as a 2jzGTE but none of the hassless. BTW, look at "drifting sc300s or 400s) or somthing like that, lots of information and parts under that thread.

Comment

Soarer

ive seen this done. the dude has a twin turbo supra motor in a soarer

Comment

Soarer

ive seen this done. the dude has a twin turbo supra motor in a soarer

Comment

yes it will fit but it wont be cheap. Your looking at around 10k for a sloppy swap and around 15k for a good one thats if you don't do it your self you can save a lot of money if you do it your self but its a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* . The 1jz is a lot easier and cheaper to swap.

Comment

yeah you can do the swap. the hardest thing is making the 2jz work on an electrical system designed for the 1jz... thats where most of the time and money goes.

i say go with a late model single turbo VVT 1JZ... an amazing engine to use.

have a look at www.supraforums.com for more info.

Comment

Working...
            X