ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a t28 (s15 turbo ) fit onto the s13 motor directly or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a t28 (s15 turbo ) fit onto the s13 motor directly or no?

Does a t28 (s15 turbo ) fit onto the s13 motor directly or no? black or red top??? thnks

Both redto and blacktop can easily accomodate the S15's T28 (I think it has dual ball bearings). The stock T25 isn't that different from it, so it souldn't be a problem. But if I were you I wouldn't use the S15 T28 unit, but a more effective GT28R or RS.

Comment

the gt28 is about 400 dollars more, it depends if your on a budget or not wichnone you should get

Comment

Re: Does a t28 (s15 turbo ) fit onto the s13 motor directly or no?

Originally posted by driftnismo
        Does a t28 (s15 turbo ) fit onto the s13 motor directly or no? black or red top??? thnks
        No, different manifold

Comment

Could be wrong, but it should bolt up. The manifold in the S15 might be different, but the flange and compressor is the same for the most part, 'cept for the compressor wheel housing and all that good stuff. Like I said, could be wrong.

Comment

Re: Does a t28 (s15 turbo ) fit onto the s13 motor directly or no?

Originally posted by driftnismo

yes it does but there are some modifications when you do this swap you need the replace all of the ex-mani gaskets and also modify the oil and water lines for the turbo and also when you get all of the ex-manifold gasket you should replace it with the nissan factory S15 gaskets.

Comment

The s-15 is the r-spec full ball bearing turbo, there are several modifications you will have to do before utilizing the turbos potential, the t-25 and t-28 have identical manifold flange however the s-13/t25 manifold flange have 4 studs that holds the unit together and the s-15 turbo flange have 4 studs on it aswell, there for both cant be used together, you will have to buy an equal length aftermarket manifold so the studs from the turbo can fit right in. the other discovery was to is the bolt pattern on the t-28 J-pipe connection was different from the s-13 t-25, turbo coolant line and oil lines can be utilized for thay are the same, the only line that is different is the oil return line, you will have to use the t-25 return fitting to make it work. we are in the process of making the kit should be availble soon

PAUL

Comment

Friend of mine loves his S15 turbo. Great spool up time.

Comment

Working...
                X